PDA

View Full Version : XFX6800 ultra goes crazy when hitting 80 degrees

Killall
11-18-04, 06:08 AM
Hi, when my card reaches 80 degrees it will pauze game for a minute or textures start to flicker in games. I read many people here get to 90 degrees without any real problems? Anything i can do about this?

StoNer
11-18-04, 06:21 AM
Possibly youre not making enough contact to your gpu/memory and the thermal reading device isnt reading correctly, making it read 80c when really the gpu is overheating.

prety far fetched but other than that I have no clue srry

ATI_Dude
11-18-04, 06:37 AM
Hi, when my card reaches 80 degrees it will pauze game for a minute or textures start to flicker in games. I read many people here get to 90 degrees without any real problems? Anything i can do about this?

Disbable fast writes.

Killall
11-18-04, 07:32 AM
Disbable fast writes.

Its off..

Faster
11-18-04, 07:40 AM
Na, I beleive that the memory can not handle the Heat.

This is why in another thread here, this guy cut off the Tabs for the Memery chips on his Silencer NV5.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40532&page=2&pp=15

The heat transfered from your core over to your mem chips at 80c could be to much for them. So modding you NV5 seems to be the way, a Hacksaw and sandpaper :) Then better case cooling is the next step.

I am going to attempt this soon, I will let you know how I go cause I too have troubles about that temp, this is why the 1.4v bios does not work for me.