PDA

View Full Version : BFG Geforce 6800 GT Stuttering Problems

laphin
11-18-04, 07:42 AM
Okay.. so I've had this problem and alot of other people have it and there seems to be no solution.

My Specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ nForce 3 250
BFG Geforce 6800 GT (OC)

Nvidia needs to fix this immediately.
On D3D games such as Half Life 2. The games seem to freeze abnormally for 8 seconds.. and then continue play for 5 seconds before it freezes again along with an irritating sound loop. It's like something is definately conflicting with these games.

I've tried everything from uninstalling the Drivers, cleaning them up with DriverCleaner, and re-installing them in every which way possible. I've uninstalled my virus software.. nothing.. reinstalled it..

The only thing I haven't tried was to disable FastWrite, but like a dummy, I have no idea where to find that in the BIOS OR on the card.

Can someone please help me out with that, or some other possible solution?
It would be MUCH appreciated... I can't enjoy Half Life 2 because of all this. :P

JRd1st
11-18-04, 08:16 AM
In coolbits, select Fan always on. If that doesn't help, download and install this ftp://gainward-ftp.de/utility/expertool/expertool_323.zip

Run it and select the Performance tab, Fan settings, Fixed and set the speeds to 100%.

laphin
11-18-04, 06:21 PM
FastWrites...
I have figured it out... for people having the same problem as me.

TURN OFF Fast Writes!

What you do is download RivaTuner and go in to customize yer card. Go to AGP and turn off FastWriting and make sure it's set to turn it off at StartUp.. Restart yer computer and WHABAM... no more Direct3d problems if you have the same PC setup as mine and are having the EXACT SAME problem as I am.