PDA

View Full Version : HL2 with screwy textures

mustrum
11-18-04, 03:00 PM
I played about 1 hour just fine until i got corruptionh all over in the sky ingame. I though i just restart and the start menu looks like this.
This happenes without overclock as well.
All details are set to max 4x AA 8x AF.
Using 67.02 drivers.

Any idea what this could be or how i fix it?

Pic:
http://people.freenet.de/mustrum/HL2.JPG

Ruined
11-18-04, 03:05 PM
Looks like HL2 broke your card :(

mustrum
11-18-04, 03:06 PM
Looks like HL2 broke your card :(
Same with 66.93's :(
Damn i hope the card isn't dead.

Edit: I tested the card with the following applications after this:

Doom 3
NFSU 2
Aquamark
3dmark 03
3dmark 05

None of the obeve show any sort of screen corruption.
Can it be that the card is defective in a way oly HL2 will show? I somehow dout that.

Edit: Just tried Vampires: Bloodlines wich runs on the same engine. No problems at all. Strange...

mustrum
11-18-04, 04:24 PM
This is how it looks like ingame. As you can see only the sky is affected. If i look at a wall or downa passway i have no corruption at all.

http://people.freenet.de/mustrum/sky.JPG

Faster
11-18-04, 04:41 PM
Delete the HL2 folder in your email address folder under c:\programfiles\valve\steam\youremail

This will reinstall HL2 when you sign into steam next, might help you. I dont think it is drivers.

Maybe you cooked one of your mem chips??? Try Leadtek drivers from their site?

mustrum
11-18-04, 05:44 PM
Delete the HL2 folder in your email address folder under c:\programfiles\valve\steam\youremail

This will reinstall HL2 when you sign into steam next, might help you. I dont think it is drivers.

Maybe you cooked one of your mem chips??? Try Leadtek drivers from their site?
I chose the backup game files in the steam client and now when i wanna reinstall it the installation errors out. I think my files went corrupt.
Redownloading all over again now.
I just played one hour vampire: bloodlines straight at 450/1200. If the card would be defective i should've seen that.

I'll report back if it i got it fixed be redownloading.

Faster
11-18-04, 05:50 PM
Yeh difinately go with the reinstall first. Steam is still buggy, not as bad as when it first came out though :p

mustrum
11-19-04, 03:05 AM
I am so happy. It was the game going corrupted.
Redownloaded and it's all fine again.