PDA

View Full Version : My biggest complaint with HL2

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
11-18-04, 05:49 PM
The incredibly low ammount of ammo you can carry. Only 90 pulse rifle shells? 36 shotgun shells? 18 magnum shells? What the hell?

superklye
11-18-04, 06:33 PM
does no one else agree?

WeReWoLf
11-18-04, 06:35 PM
Yeah it is a little crap, but i think valve wanted to give hl2 a realistic feel, which means no huge amounts of ammo.

superklye
11-18-04, 06:37 PM
Yeah it is a little crap, but i think valve wanted to give hl2 a realistic feel, which means no huge amounts of ammo.
Yet, you can carry how many weapons at once? ;)

WeReWoLf
11-18-04, 06:42 PM
well that's true... maybe he uses the manipulator in auto mode to carry them around while the manipulator is strapped to his back?

superklye
11-18-04, 06:43 PM
well that's true... maybe he uses the manipulator in auto mode to carry them around while the manipulator is strapped to his back?
hahahaha...brilliant!

pjstp20
11-18-04, 07:17 PM
I totally agree, it's so annoying. I think they did that so you'd use the gravity gun a lot which is what I'm doing to compensate.

Edge
11-18-04, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I noticed it seemed like you couldn't carry crap for ammo. Kinda sucks, especially for that pulse rifle thing. You reload it twice, and that's it!

But about that manipulator thing...umm...wouldn't all the weapons fall to the ground when you pull out it out :D

pjstp20
11-18-04, 08:12 PM
As for the realisim aspect.......your asking one guy to kill thousands of soldiers and aliens, I think realisim is pretty much out the window.

superklye
11-18-04, 08:40 PM
As for the realisim aspect.......your asking one guy to kill thousands of soldiers and aliens, I think realisim is pretty much out the window.
count it!

-=DVS=-
11-18-04, 09:24 PM
Yeah that is a bit annoying , maybe i don't want to carry other guns , and rather have alot of Magnum bullets :retard:
I think next thing in FPS games is make them more RPG like DeusEx 1.

WeReWoLf
11-18-04, 09:31 PM
God i love that magnum! BLAM! *combine soldier falls over* one shot kill on combine soldiers... Can't wait till i get the crossbow though. Shotgun is nice, but a tad disappointing... 6 cartridge maximum? i mean come on! Doom 3 had 8! whatever happened to the standard shotgun we have these days? 8 or 12 cartridges, depending on the brand. The machine gun is a little inaccurate... 1 bullet out of 8 actually hits your target...

superklye
11-18-04, 10:42 PM
you can only have like 10 bolts for the c-bow. :(

WeReWoLf
11-18-04, 11:27 PM
What? utter ****tyness being displayed here... MORE AMMO PLEASE VALVE!

Lfctony
11-18-04, 11:49 PM
Wrong thread. :retard:

nutcrackr
11-19-04, 12:19 AM
I agree with the low ammo on nearly all weapons.

SH64
11-19-04, 12:56 AM
Agreed . i want more ammo for the Overwatch :(
& the same goes for all other weapons .. except the 9mm .. obviously :retard:

d1g1tal
11-19-04, 10:22 AM
don't hold your breath waiting for the crossbow, its horrible. it takes forever for the flaming arrow (or whatever it is) to get to your target. you'd think with the hyped AI in HL2 that the combine soldiers could sidestep the arrows from the crossbow because they have plenty of time to react.

for me, the best guns are definitely the magnum, shotgun, and gravity gun. mostly the gravity gun though. best weapon they could have possibly created in HL2.

Warden13
11-19-04, 10:31 AM
I do agree on the Ammo thing... especially the Overwatch! The 9mm is about useless, the Magnum is excellent (although the range on it is a bit unrealistic) and the Shotgun is my favorite.

Warden

Ninjaman09
11-19-04, 10:37 AM
I used the 9mm to great effect for a large part of the game.

My favorite was of course the shotgun, it's always the best weapon in FPS's.

I kind of like the scarcity of ammo, it forces you to use all the weapons in different areas. Besides, there's plenty of ammo scattered around the game.

superklye
11-19-04, 11:29 AM
I used the 9mm to great effect for a large part of the game.

My favorite was of course the shotgun, it's always the best weapon in FPS's.

I kind of like the scarcity of ammo, it forces you to use all the weapons in different areas. Besides, there's plenty of ammo scattered around the game.
the 9mm is fantastic, and I know there is a lot of ammo, it just always seems to be that I find it when I already have full ammo in a particular gun...I feel like I'm wasting so much. :(

Gaco
11-19-04, 11:36 AM
Oh well, I must be the only one here who likes the ammo amounts that you can carry... I have never experienced to totally run out of ammo and I think it's cool, cause it forces you to other different weapons! On the other hand, I hate when there are ammo, ammo and more ammo in games and you just feel like you have to use it all. I actually liked being a little stressed :)

karkrash81
11-19-04, 11:43 AM
I agree Gaco, I like the amounts of ammo you can carry since it makes you plan ahead somewhat...I usually only run out of ammo for the magnum. I find myself using the gravity gun and pulse rifle the most.

I liked how in Halo you could only carry two weapons...but that's another story :)

I haven't run out of ammo for the SMG or the Shotgun yet. I was surprised to see that you have an unlimited amount of pheropods...

vampireuk
11-19-04, 01:04 PM
What? utter ****tyness being displayed here... MORE AMMO PLEASE VALVE!

When was the last time you carried a crossbow? ;)

Standard ammunition is a lot easier to carry around that crossbow bolts.

BrianG
11-19-04, 01:27 PM
The low ammo count is designed to create tension. I ran out last night and got frantic. i had to club some dude to get the machine gun ammo. Immediately following that sequence I knew why I was suddenly shorted. It was to piss me off, make me nervous, and add excitement to a relatively contrived and dull sequence in the game.

Right after, the dude is waiting with a case of ammo and tons of health to load me up.

I am probably going to get ripped for this, but I don't think the storyline is all that good. If you step back for amoment and think about it, the game does lead you down the path quite heavily. Sometimes a little sneakier than a locked door, but it does...