PDA

View Full Version : Force Refresh Bug -

Peoples-Agent
11-18-04, 08:12 PM
Hi peeps,

Right, could someone clear this up for me ...I MUST adjust my refresh rate manually using Screen Resolution & Refresh Rates option to about 89.999hz to avoid horrible black waves going across my screen when using just about any average resolution....which well annoying, but I gather that with any 66.xx driver this will seriously play havoc on my fps right?

Question is, will a util like Refresh Force help me here... or perhaps, the 65.73 drivers...are they unaffected?

Thx

Peoples-Agent
11-18-04, 08:33 PM
GRRRRH! This is sooo annoying ..... I've seen Safe Mode more than I ever did using crappy Win 95 all those years ago!

The 66.93s are useless to me ...I seem to be getting a nasty performance just for setting the refresh rate at something which is acceptable using the Screen Res & Ref Rate options ...advance timings, its messed up ... 85hz IS NO GOOD for my monitor ...and 100hz wont run at 1280 by 1024 ...but 99hz will ! I really am stuffed here, monitor is a Viewsonic G90f ...and ive used several other cards and had no problems, just two different 6800s I get this crap ! ..cos of this I cant even make use of the new
67.02s due to this problem , really is a pain having nasty huge black bows flickering on your desktop ....gives u a severe migraine!

Trying to use Refresh Force , but i end up keep having to go into safe mode to uninstall the drivers as I get the "Out Of Frequency" rubbish even tho I am setting it at something which works comfortable using the nVidia control panel ! .....such a shame, as it solved all my problems, except ruins the whole gaming experience ! I wish I never bought this 6800 GT, I have had nothing but hassles since day one.... same with my 6800 standard!

BrownHornet
11-18-04, 09:22 PM
Join the 85hz club.

You can always alter the max refresh in the game ini if it allows.

Peoples-Agent
11-18-04, 09:47 PM
Yeah, but running bang on 85hz I get crappy black bowing lines across my screen even on the desktop .... and now somehow that crappy ReForce has stuffed my system up!
Its stuck at 89hz , ...is there anyway to completely GET RID of what ReForce has done, basically ...just clicking on Restore Original settings is no good as for some reason, the ones it detects send this thing out of frequency! I.e in nvidia control panel says its compatiable at 100hz @ 1280 by 1024 when it isnt! Looks like a format is on the cards

K007
11-18-04, 11:37 PM
65.73 dosent have that bug, 66 and above series has this bug, and it looks like nvidia wont fix it. We will have to live with the bug, doom3 = 60hz!!

Peoples-Agent
11-19-04, 12:50 AM
How about the 67.02s? ...I have managed to get them working peachy in windows now altho no matter how many times I reinstall drivers, that blasted ReForce has caused me probs.....in Nvidia control panel settings, thing lets me change the Custom Mode refresh rate once per install then it jams and I cant change it again ,change then click apply and doh ..jumps straight back again, basically looking for best poss fps in Half Life 2 !

Shaitan
11-19-04, 02:12 PM
Hmmm I use RefreshForce and stay at 100 just fine with the 66.93s. Been using RefreshForce for years.

BrownHornet
11-21-04, 10:25 PM
Might be your monitor or something or just your Pc is lucky it didnt catch this bug.

The one person that i spoke to about this over the phone at bfg HQ was almost a saint on 60hz and do you need above stuff i cant believe he started saying stuff like that. :wong:
Anyhow he said most monitor are so many Hertz but i know my monitor does better than 85hz.

I got the Ini ideal from playing one or two games and seing my Fps go into the 90s so i know its definatly a bug.

refreshforce i though you could just delete the file since it doesnt register in the registry. ? Never had that problem.

FearMeAll
11-22-04, 06:28 AM
refreshforce works for me with the 67.02 drivers. But yeah if you use the control panel options it cuts the fps in half. Sucks.

Fum
11-22-04, 02:35 PM
Peoples-Agent, why not just go back to the 61.77s untill nVidia fixes this? That's what I did....

Peoples-Agent
11-22-04, 03:25 PM
ahhh , games run so much slower with those ..... they really do!
Esp Direct 3D stuff !

BrownHornet
11-24-04, 11:17 PM
ahhh , games run so much slower with those ..... they really do!
Esp Direct 3D stuff !

I Agree Totally and it still didnt fix my refresh rates.

BUMP*** :)