PDA

View Full Version : BFG Geforce 6800 GT Stuttering Problem Solution

laphin
11-19-04, 12:45 AM
Okay, this post is to give a solution to many folks who have been having the same problem with just about the same PC setup as me. I know this problem has been a pain in the *******, and I'm here to fix this up for you if you are having it.

Some folks with the AMD Athlon 64 3200+ nForce 3 250 (or similar), are having problems with not only HL2 but with other D3D games. This problem consists of stuttering described as:

"Load Game > plays fine for about 10 seconds > SCREEN FREEZES and sound loops for about 5 seconds > continue to play fine for about 3 seconds > and REPEAT." This keeps repeating unless something is done about it because the games are definately conflicting with something.

For those of you who don't have it. Go download RivaTuner. Once installed (preferably to the desktop), open it and you will see "DRIVER SETTINGS" click there and then click the card picture, click the AGP tab, and you should see something called "FASTWRITES". Turn that off and make sure that it will be set for StartUp to stay off (should be a check-box for that". Restart your computer. Bam.. the problem should be fixed.

Took me three days to figure this out once I recognized I had a problem.
So basically, you are deactivating FASTWRITING... and that's it.

Disable Fastwrites > problem solved.

If this does not solve your problem and you came here looking for a solution, then your problem is not similar to mine, or the other folks that have been having a conflicting BFG Geforce 6800 card. I notice this problem has only been affecting the folks that have a similar PC setup as me, as I said before.

Hope this helps alot of you.. Take Care! :)

Zetto
11-19-04, 02:40 AM
Lol, another genious :D (just kiddin) I guess u didn't read, but there like a zillion threads here with the same solution ;)

laphin
11-19-04, 06:09 AM
I don't need yer assinine comments buttwipe.
All of the HELP provided by the rest of the threads are not specific on how to modify Fastwrites...

Someone can look here and do it easily. They don't need to look here and find bitchy comments for unemployed middle school children like you. :nanahump:

oussoni
11-19-04, 06:18 AM
:)

War has begun...

MUYA
11-19-04, 06:22 AM
No Zetto is right, this a sticky thread relating to stuttering.

Thread Closed.