PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a big spider web....

SElkie
11-19-04, 05:50 AM
http://img99.exs.cx/img99/5035/wireframelighting.th.jpg (http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img99&image=wireframelighting.jpg)

I took this screenshot after trying to ignore what appears to be a lighting glitch...but it got really annoying so I decided to reinstall the game which is taking forever.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or solved it?

(The white dots near the end of my shotgun are lights off in the distance that you can see through the walls) :lame:

FierceDeityLink
11-19-04, 06:06 AM
What drivers are you using? 67.02 doesn't have these problems for me...

Edge
11-19-04, 06:09 AM
Huh, actually looks kinda neat. However I'm pretty sure it's not a lighting glitch, the white lines are being drawn around objects that are supposed to be transparent (that's supposed to be fog in the sky). I noticed the same problem when I tried to play the game on my friend's "integrated" card, go up to a breakable window and smash it and see if it does the same thing. Drivers may be the issue, or something could've gotten corrupted (though I don't think it's that). And make sure it's not running it in "DirectX6 mode" or something in the graphics menu.

SElkie
11-19-04, 06:18 AM
I've gone through six or seven (61.77, 65.73, 66.70, 66.81, 66.93, 67.02, 67.20) different drivers on this problem all of which looked like this and I finally just settled on 67.20. And as far as I know I'm not running in "DirectX6 mode".

And yeah the wire frame cube looking things happen all over: when I shoot a soldier/water/glass, and it happened really bad in the airboat level when I had to fight the helicopter, the water that was splashed around from the helicopter blades stirred up mass amounts of these little white frames.

SElkie
11-19-04, 03:05 PM
So yeah I guess it was a curropted texture file...after reinstalling the game via steam everything looks good.

Awesome now I can finish it up :)

superklye
11-19-04, 11:39 PM
There was actually a thread about this in the Legacy cards forum...I guess it isn't just because the guy had a 4600.