View Full Version : Halo discussion thread

***CENSORED***
11-16-02, 03:40 PM
Discuss Halo here.

How excited are you for it?

:) :cool:

thcdru2k
11-16-02, 03:54 PM
for pc? not too excited. its been out for xbox since it came out. seen, played, great game. if they ever release it, it won't be so impressive anymore compared to doom 3 and whatever else is out. now if your talking about halo 2 for xbox, thats a little better.

***CENSORED***
11-16-02, 04:08 PM
They're updating the graphivs engine bigtime.

:)

***CENSORED***
11-16-02, 04:13 PM
I would also like to use this to refer you to my poll.

intercede007
11-16-02, 04:16 PM
I don't really see why they would need to. Halo was absolutely beautiful on the TV. Taking the resolution up to 1024 and beyond would get rid of the few aliasing problems the game demonstrated. The only thing I could imagine them doing is actually taking things down a notch for people with PC's who don't have something better then a GeForce 3 (because as we all know, the XBOX uses a modified GF3 core).

I can't say I am too excited about it actually. I have an XBOX and the game and love Halo on it. The controls are magnificant, and I can't imagine playing it any other way. I think they should hold of on releasing Halo for the PC and work on getting Halo 2 ready for an XBOX/PC launch.

monkeydust
11-16-02, 04:43 PM
I played through about 30% on my XBox. Great game, but I hate using the gamepad controller with it (aiming just feels too unnatural). If I could play it with a mouse/keyboard combo, I'm sure that I would finish it.

StealthHawk
11-16-02, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by monkeydust
I played through about 30% on my XBox. Great game, but I hate using the gamepad controller with it (aiming just feels too unnatural). If I could play it with a mouse/keyboard combo, I'm sure that I would finish it.

i feel the same way. i despise playing FPS games with a gamepad.

stncttr908
11-16-02, 10:13 PM
Man, I thought the game handled sweetly. I loved it, I actually felt like I was in control for the first time with a gamepad.

intercede007
11-17-02, 12:45 AM
I agree totally. If you give it time and patience, the controller is as intiative as a keyboard and mouse. In fact, I really can't see playing Halo any other way.

demonized
11-17-02, 01:44 AM
this sucks, first they stopped working on the pc version of Halo and put it in Xbox first and now their releasing Halo 2 before the PC version of Halo comes out.

Is anyone else pissed?

release dates:
[xbox]Halo 2 June 1
[PC]Halo:combat evolved June 14

StealthHawk
11-17-02, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Man, I thought the game handled sweetly. I loved it, I actually felt like I was in control for the first time with a gamepad.

i agree. Halo was the one FPS game i've ever played that was decent with a gamepad. however, i still would be a lot more comfortable with a keyboard and a mouse.

also i have to say that the Xbox controller is big for my hands, if i had bigger hands it would have been less of an issue. what idiot designed that thing anyway :mad: obviously Microsoft got a clue because the standard controllers used now are smaller.

stncttr908
11-17-02, 09:13 AM
That's the bad thing about us getting hardware before Japan, they don't work out the problems, like the clunker of a controller, now we have the controller S that's modelled after the Japanese Xbox controller and I don't wanna sink $30 into another one. Oh well.

And if you PC guys really want Halo...get an Xbox. :cool:

***CENSORED***
11-17-02, 10:12 AM
Halo 2 is actually being released next winter.

Perhaps you saw an unupdated page.

demonized
11-17-02, 12:38 PM
I got the dates from gamespot. they probobly havent updated the page..

intercede007
11-17-02, 12:52 PM
Geez...I am starting to believe I am the only guy on the planet who loves the original XBOX controller. I love the XBOX controller, loved the Dreamcast controler, and the PS1/PS2 controller cramped my hands after a pretty short period of time. When I found out that microsoft was going to stop shipping the origninal controller I went out and bought 2 more.

The Baron
11-17-02, 01:05 PM
Intercede, that's only because you can choke 6 guys to death with one hand... AT THE SAME TIME! :p

stncttr908
11-18-02, 06:57 AM
Hey I'm not saying that I hate the controller, hell I'm used to it by now and I'd feel weird using the controller S probably.

madthumbs
11-18-02, 11:16 AM
Am I the only one that didn't like this game? I forced myself to play it on the xbox for a couple hours and just could not enjoy it!

ReDeeMeR
11-19-02, 05:56 PM
Um they would be idiots to ship Halo 1 with same graphics as xbox, while it look good on tv from 5 meters away it wont look good on monitor :D

Geforce3*A* was/is used in xbox, it only has the second vertex shader like Geforce4ti, but everything else is Geforce3, bandwith, architecture ect = pretty weak card so I dont see why wouldnt Geforce2Ultra run it or GF4MX440-460 if VS are turned off and they arent used much anyway?

stncttr908
11-19-02, 07:31 PM
Well since the refresh rate of most tvs is so low, it would have to be able to run it at a higher fps on a computer to look as good.

fastguy94416
11-19-02, 08:50 PM
I myself like the x-box controller. The ps2 feels like a little itty bitty toy, and the x-box is nice and *ready's the "Beef, its whats for dinner" commercial voice* Solid