PDA

View Full Version : So...after a few days, is HL2 the best game ever or what (redux)?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

superklye
11-19-04, 12:34 PM
As I said before: best game ever.

Johnny Chimpo
11-19-04, 12:42 PM
Best Game Ever

Gaco
11-19-04, 12:43 PM
Best Game Ever

(perhaps there sould be a third option "one of the best games ever".. Cause I rreally liked Halo 2 and Deus Ex and System Shock 2 ect. as well :)... Anyway, I don't really like to put favorite games into order, but HL2 is definently in the top! :D)

karkrash81
11-19-04, 12:44 PM
Best Game Ever

Fatman
11-19-04, 01:32 PM
As far as single player first person shooters so, no question about it. Best game ever.

Ninjaman09
11-19-04, 01:37 PM
Who's the ****ing asshole who put "Or what"? I'll kill him.

jAkUp
11-19-04, 01:40 PM
I think it is definetely the most enjoyable FPS I have ever played. I'm not even done and I'm already looking forward to playing through again.

Doom 3 was good for one time around, but the games enjoyment is based on being scared ****less... once you know where everything's gonna pop out... just not to scary anymore.

I think the A.I. in HL2 is amazing, playing on the medium difficulty, on Ravenholm, I closed a door after a zombie was chasing me, and he busted through a window! scared the **** out of me because I totally wasn't expecting it :) It was cool though

karkrash81
11-19-04, 01:41 PM
maybe he just wants to be "different"?

ajay()
11-19-04, 01:42 PM
or what.

I personally prefer Halo 2.

I do, however, respect all the differing opinions.

So respect mine too. :)

msxyz
11-19-04, 01:57 PM
The original Half Life was one or two steps above this sequel.

Half Life 2 is a very good FPS but nothing ground-breaking.

Still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever (J/K)
:lol2:

Ninjaman09
11-19-04, 01:59 PM
I do, however, respect all the differing opinions.

So respect mine too.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!:retard:

wickfut
11-19-04, 02:14 PM
i thought it was fun but not the best game ever - it doesnt have anything new apart from a gravity gun, most of the levels dont give you a choice of direction so its basically on rails , the puzzles are too easy and the enemies are not very varried/intelligent.
The level design , tho varried are average - the hoverthing , car and bug levels bored me to death and i wanted to skip past them. stand out levels where the prison , that dark level with the monsters /vicar and the huge empty warehouse level

i maybe expected too much (i have never played original half life), i expected zelda 64/goldeneye in a futuristic 1st person and got something similar to warhammer 40 000 - fire warrior with better graphics.

i will prob play thru the game again on "hard" instead of normal , tho i dont really see much point as i have thyink i maybe have found everything and seen everything the game has to offer when i played thru it on "normal"

sorry if my oppinion is different to yours but i think it was far too much overhyped

now back to nfsu2 :D

ajay()
11-19-04, 02:15 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!:retard:

I didn't say I didn't like it, I said it is not the best game ever made. It's not even the best game this year.

I truly hope this doesn't upset you in anyway.

Ninjaman09
11-19-04, 02:16 PM
I was hoping you'd pick up on the subtle sarcasm. I couldn't give a damn if you liked Halo 2 better :)

Bopple
11-19-04, 02:18 PM
It's not the best game ever.
It's not even the best game of this year.
But it's definitely one of the best games of the year.
And probably the best FPS of the year.

six_storm
11-19-04, 02:21 PM
HL2 is amazing, the best game on my list right now. Just the style of the graphics, physics and AI are the best I've ever seen. The story just keeps me on the edge of my seat and the action keeps me going strong. Great game.

superklye
11-19-04, 02:31 PM
It's not the best game ever.
It's not even the best game of this year.
But it's definitely one of the best games of the year.
And probably the best FPS of the year.
this whole post seemed really contradicting

Gaco
11-19-04, 02:40 PM

Don't let other people "pull you down" too just because they "don't get it" or just doesn't enjoy it as much for some unknown reason ;)

mbvgp
11-19-04, 02:48 PM
Naah... Far from it . Its probably the best Single Player FPS ever made but nothing more. When comparing to all games on pc KOTOR was better.. Starcraft and Warcraft III were better and there are so many more games that come to mind. As far as overall hours and quality of enjoyment even Unreal Tournament and UT2004 which are also fps are better. But there is no question about the fact that HL2 is better that doom3.

Bopple
11-19-04, 03:02 PM
Huh, don't you think that's rude?

superklye
11-19-04, 03:03 PM
Huh, don't you think that's rude?
no...how was it rude? I'm pointing out the fact that you don't think it's the best game, but it IS the best game, etc, etc. That's contradicting.

Bopple
11-19-04, 03:06 PM
Huh? The best game = the one and only on top != One of the best games
Or are you saying that all the best games of this year have exactly the same quality? Thus, all of them should be crowned?

superklye
11-19-04, 03:14 PM
Huh? The best game = the one and only on top != One of the best games
Or are you saying that all the best games of this year have exactly the same quality? Thus, all of them should be crowned?
yes.

Bopple
11-19-04, 03:19 PM
Yeah, whatever.

|JuiceZ|
11-19-04, 03:23 PM
Chill ladies.