PDA

View Full Version : Intel Nforce

StoNer
11-19-04, 08:27 PM
haaha just saw the front page, thats some funny stuff.

But it was only a matter of time b4 Intel gave into the power of the darkside of the Nforce :lol2:

But this is kewl cuz now all the intel users can have Nforce and SLI :)

kahloq
11-19-04, 08:56 PM
haaha just saw the front page, thats some funny stuff.

But it was only a matter of time b4 Intel gave into the power of the darkside of the Nforce :lol2:

But this is kewl cuz now all the intel users can have Nforce and SLI :)

More Likely, its the otherway around. Nvidia most likely approached Intel about it because Nvidia didnt want to alienate so many possible customers for their SLI setups. ALOT OF PPL have Intel based systems. Alot more then there are AMD setups, most especially in CHINA, where the market share for Intel is 89%.

There was no really huge push for Nvidia to strike a deal with Intel before SLI because Intel owners still could install any nvidia gfx card.

StoNer
11-19-04, 09:16 PM
Ya probably, but im glad they are going to make them either way.

Everyone needs the option of SLI :)

kahloq
11-19-04, 09:25 PM
I agree its great news :) More options for everyone. Also keep in mind that Alienware offers their own version of SLI and IS Intel ready, so nvidia was left with little option but to make a deal with Intel to do nforce or risk losing customers for sli to Alienware for those that prefer Intel cpus

StoNer
11-19-04, 09:29 PM
Ya but i heard alienwares 2 gpu method isnt that great

neway SLI = teh future!1!!

sgio2
11-19-04, 10:31 PM
????!!!!! I was at an Intel ICC today and they had several xeon machines they were running SLI on with 2X GT's

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/1751/16519.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8630/16521.jpg

The people there showing it off didnt realy have too many details on the system.
Pretty damn fine sysyem :drooling:

K007
11-19-04, 11:37 PM
Hehe, i am gonna hold back on my SLI till i see some intel vs amd sli setups, cause i think intel might be onto something here :).

Cant wait, all good news for nvidia.

Congrats Nvidia :D

rohit
11-20-04, 04:22 AM
sure intel buyers are gonna hav plenty of options now for buyin motherboards
1]Intel
2] VIA
3]SIS/HIS
4]ATi (bullhead or sumthing)
5]Nforce

Great!

MikeC
11-20-04, 09:37 AM
More Likely, its the otherway around. Nvidia most likely approached Intel about it because Nvidia didnt want to alienate so many possible customers for their SLI setups.

One reason we haven't seen an nForce chipset for Intel is that NVIDIA thought Intel was asking too much to license their front-side bus technology.

StoNer
11-20-04, 10:14 AM
Well intels fsb is a pretty nice technology.

Im just glad they finally came to an agreement. Its really cool to see everyone getting a chance to get in on this technology.

ricercar
11-20-04, 09:42 PM
Jen Hsun's ego a got the P4 FSB without a per-chip licensing fee. Intel gets to use NVIDIA fast architecture patents to retain their CPU dominance beyond the dead-end P4 tech. Everybody is happy.