PDA

View Full Version : server question

oldsk00l
11-19-04, 11:38 PM
Hey what kind of game seems to need servers more?

I tried running a CS:S server, and I am completely done with running a steam server of any kind. VAC doesn't work, and under CS:S I can't utilize cheatingdeath once VAC gets enabled.

Considering that CS:S seems to be waning anyways (and isn't that good either, not really any better than CS) I'm onto bigger fish.

What have you guys been into the most, ut2k4, BF1942, Doom3, etc??

GlowStick
11-20-04, 01:17 PM
WolfenStein: Enemy Territory :D

Akirhol
11-20-04, 10:15 PM
WolfenStein: Enemy Territory :D
QFE

If you have a fast server and a fat pipe, a good UT2k4 Onslaught server is always welcome as well. Only thing that puts me off about this awesome game mode is the lag that is usually accompanied with large cap servers... and you need a large cap b/c of the size of the maps.

oldsk00l
11-20-04, 11:53 PM
I hear ya there. My pipe handles 14 players, and that's about it. Onslaught is something I'd love but, oh well.

Edge
11-21-04, 01:21 AM
A good Unreal 2 XMP server would be nice, I've been wanting to play that but all the servers are crap and noone plays it :( . I'm sure if a decent server was up that a lot of people played on, the game might be a little more popular again (ok that sounds kind of obvious, but you know what I mean).

theultimo
11-21-04, 02:17 AM
I miss the good ole Kali network. We need more people to play MW2 or Descent :)

oldsk00l
11-21-04, 09:34 PM
A good Unreal 2 XMP server would be nice, I've been wanting to play that but all the servers are crap and noone plays it :( . I'm sure if a decent server was up that a lot of people played on, the game might be a little more popular again (ok that sounds kind of obvious, but you know what I mean).

No Linux binaries?? :(

GlowStick
11-21-04, 11:26 PM
Unreal 2 XMP is the suxxor, i woudlnt get out my Unreal disks to install it.

oldsk00l
11-22-04, 10:16 AM
Unreal 2 XMP is the suxxor, i woudlnt get out my Unreal disks to install it.

I had alot of fun w/it, except for the fact it's teh suck because of no linux binaries.

I'd run it if it did.

*shrugs*