PDA

View Full Version : Albatron vs Leadtek GF6800Ultra...

Wingless
11-20-04, 02:30 AM
Hi guys..I am gonna ask this question again...There is a review of Albatron 6800 ultra card:http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2126&p=3
it reaches 1300mhz memory..is that true? Is that possible on the stock cooling...
I am choosing between Leadtek and Albatron becoz the r the best overclockers so i need to know which ones better....
Cheers!

mustrum
11-20-04, 03:04 AM
Only because one test sample did that clocks wont show anything. The albatron most likely has the same chance to reach that clocks as anay other ULTRA.

A good thing about the Leadtek: I had a POC 6800 GT with referenc cooler before and the Leadtek ULTRA is WAY more silent. I'll still replace it with a waterblock soon i think. :lol2:

rohit
11-20-04, 03:14 AM
Its dificult for any ultra to reach 1300Mhz on ram. That too, its written, albatron using 2.0ns ram..I think it mus b a ultra super unique sample..lol.. jus kiddin
i dont think the other aalbatrons ultra wont reach that hi.
Ive read reviews of Leadtek's a400 ultras. they r pretty good. Cant say abt overclokin though!

Kahju
11-20-04, 05:13 AM
Firstly I think 1300 is bit far reached. My Gainward 6800 Ultra GS has 1.6ns rams and can push barely to 1200 which is the maximum the chips are spected. Secondly there is so little performance gain from extra +100mhz in memory. I see 1-2 fps change in games with 1100 -> 1200 oc, so it really doesnt matter much at all.

And no need to start crying about 3dmark scores. Those scores are good... For me to poop on!

StoNer
11-20-04, 06:23 AM
I thought all ultras used 1.2ns RAM

mustrum
11-20-04, 06:38 AM
I thought all ultras used 1.2ns RAM
There was no 1.2ns RAM when they got released and i think there isn't now. (Aren't the new samsung GDDR3 modules 1ns?)
The fastest memory chips in use on any graphics card are 1.6ns Samsungs.

I don't know about Albatron (they say it'S only 2.0ns) ULTRAs but my Leadtek ULTRA has 1.6ns on it and does 1.2ghz without problems.

saturnotaku
11-20-04, 08:27 AM
I am choosing between Leadtek and Albatron becoz the r the best overclockers so i need to know which ones better....

How well the card you purchase will overclock will simply depend on the one that arrives at your doorstep. You may get lucky and receive one that can hit 1250+ on the memory or you may get one that can't go higher than 1150. If you do a search through the many, many GeForce 6800 overclocking threads, you'll see that most brands seem to perform pretty much equally in terms of being able to overclock. If you want something that has guaranteed results, you may consider a Gainward Golden Sample card as those are guaranteed to perform at a certain level.

mustrum
11-20-04, 01:18 PM
How well the card you purchase will overclock will simply depend on the one that arrives at your doorstep. You may get lucky and receive one that can hit 1250+ on the memory or you may get one that can't go higher than 1150. If you do a search through the many, many GeForce 6800 overclocking threads, you'll see that most brands seem to perform pretty much equally in terms of being able to overclock. If you want something that has guaranteed results, you may consider a Gainward Golden Sample card as those are guaranteed to perform at a certain level.
Quoted for the truth.
No way you can buy a brand and get a better OC off it than any other brand would deliver. It's a matter of luck and nothing else.