PDA

View Full Version : Windows based Flash???

Ssexyman8404
11-21-04, 12:45 AM
Thanks everyone for posting. This site's got some really good fans. Anyway, I have one more question. What will happen if I flash my 6800NU with a gt or Ultra Bios?P.S. PNY Verto 6800

Would someone please direct me to a windows-based flashing utility for my 6800. I don't have dos, or a floppy, and I'm not too interested in obtaining either one. I KNOW theres a windows flasher out there somewhere. Please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Muppet
11-21-04, 01:40 AM
What brand card do you have, if it`s a leadtek you can use winfox, which is a very good utility.

Darkoz
11-21-04, 03:44 AM
Would someone please direct me to a windows-based flashing utility for my 6800. I don't have dos, or a floppy, and I'm not too interested in obtaining either one. I KNOW theres a windows flasher out there somewhere. Please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

There's a windows version of nvflash 4.42 which you can use to flash your bios through command prompt in Windows.
Or like Muppet suggested, you could try and use Leadtek's 'winfox' flash utility which seems to work with some other brand 6800s.

You can PM me with your email and I can send you both utilities to try out.

rohit
11-21-04, 04:52 AM
OK, i had read on these forums somewhere, download winfox ll utility, instal it...
It will giv u errors for all features. But the BIos FLash feature will b active.
So basically u can flash ur bios frm this utility.
Just a suggestion. Confirm, if possible b4 u try it.

(mag)

mustrum
11-21-04, 05:10 AM
I used Winfox on a POV 6800 GT more than once. Works like a charm.

JRd1st
11-21-04, 06:21 AM
I used Winfox on a POV 6800 GT more than once. Works like a charm.

It may work when it works, but what happens if Windows crashes? DOS is way more stable so I'd stick to nvflash for DOS.

zilla
11-21-04, 06:23 PM
I just use a bootable cd that has winme boot image and flash this way....you cant backup your original is the bad part but I used winfox to back up mine.

mustrum
11-22-04, 03:29 AM
It may work when it works, but what happens if Windows crashes? DOS is way more stable so I'd stick to nvflash for DOS.
Then just booth up with a CD. I use an old Win ME CD to boot with CDROM support. 1st time this CD has a good use at least!
:rofl
Flashing with winfox isn't too risky though. It's waiting a while before it starts to make sure you don't do anything screwy. I can't remeber when Win XP crashed without a reasy to me last time. If you have a clean system that is prime and memtest stable you shouldn't have to worry about a windows crash.
The DOS route is the safe way to go though.

theultimo
11-22-04, 05:53 AM
I flash my PC BIOS in windows, too.

If your not crashing every upteem minutes, you should be ok.