PDA

View Full Version : I got a 6800GT from a company that i've never heard off before

er1
11-21-04, 08:00 AM
I was looking for a leadtek card but it was completely sold out.

I got a 6800 GT from a company called "magic pro".

It had a reference design and only al 1 year warranty as opposed to 3 one on the Leadtek :|

after looking at its website, here

http://www.magic-pro.com/product/nvidia/GF6800GT.htm

which offers no info whatsoever i am beginnning to get worried (heck, i've never even heard of this company before).

Do you think that there will be a performance/quality difference between this and cards by other companies (haven't tested it yet, i am a relative n00b and have no idea how to benchmark)?

Thanks for the help

MUYA
11-21-04, 08:02 AM
Magic Pro are a Hong Kong based AiB partner of NVIDIA. They are popular in Hong Kong. I do no know if they have an International wing named differently

Oh yeah, they are average. No extras or custom HSF IIRC offered by them. Basicall a reference card.

ala Winfast = Leadtek
Epox=2theMax
Inno3d=Innovision
I think also Grand Mars=Chaintech

etc

er1
11-21-04, 08:10 AM
so its a safe card to buy?

what about the warranty? is it shorter than normal?

MUYA
11-21-04, 08:41 AM
purdy much! :D

I dunno how Magic Pro's warranty policy is in Australia. Send them an email mate to ask about their policy?

rohit
11-22-04, 02:30 AM
Grandmars = chaintech..u sure..? Grand mars also make Ati cards .. i donno much.. but mayb!

n Magic pro.. ive heard of em.. i guess some ti or fx card by them.. i had even seen the review. the card was an avg. performer. try on digit-life...i guess i read it ther!