PDA

View Full Version : G-man works actively with resistance? *possible spoiler*

Gaco
11-21-04, 01:13 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, it properbly has in some G-man sightings thread, but this is just my most interesting G-man spotting so far, because it shows the G-man talking to a person from the resistance group. This could mean a lot of things, I'm not sure how to interpret it. But one thing is for sure and that is, they know about the G-man:

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/d2_coast_030003.jpg

WeReWoLf
11-21-04, 05:28 PM
how did you get that view? which gun did you use?

cam9786
11-21-04, 05:30 PM
He used a mounted viewfinder from a Combine outpost on The Coast Level.

Gaco
11-21-04, 05:44 PM
I used it first time I played through Half-Life 2, but I only noticed the G-man the second time. Sneaky little bastard, isn't he? :)

CaptNKILL
11-21-04, 07:09 PM
I found another one, I'll take a screenshot of it later, but for now, I'll just tell you where it is.

I think its right after you get out of the mines, where you have to fight a bunch of Combine, and you first get the pulse rifle. Before you go into the fenced in yard with all the cars in it, go all the way to the far end of the gravel area (there might be train tracks, I cant remember). At the very end there is an overturned trailor or something. At the far left theres a tiny space between the trailor and the wall. Peak through it and you can see the G-Man walking away down the street.

I saw it twice, so I know its supposed to be there. Its really awesome :D

WeReWoLf
11-21-04, 10:15 PM
G-Man's keeping an eye on us.

Ninjaman09
11-21-04, 10:31 PM
In the Anticitizen One level, there's a TV set that's on in one of the buildings, and you can see G-Man on it. I was gonna take a screenshot but the TV turned off very quickly after I saw it.

Phoking
11-21-04, 11:12 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, it properbly has in some G-man sightings thread, but this is just my most interesting G-man spotting so far, because it shows the G-man talking to a person from the resistance group. This could mean a lot of things, I'm not sure how to interpret it. But one thing is for sure and that is, they know about the G-man:

Dang i looked through that monitor and didnt even notice him. I noticed him in two other place though:

1. When you have the boat, there is a puzzle where you have to put a couple of floating blue barrels into a basket so the ramp rises. Before that spot, there is an abandoned house on the right (going forward). As you pass that house the first time, you'll see the Gman walk into the house and when you actually go up into the house, hes gone.

2. When you first meet up with Dr.Kleiner, barney comes in after you and looks at the monitors then walks away, you can change the camera that the monitor shows and one of them has the Gman.

Gaco
11-27-04, 11:36 AM
I found a pretty interesting explanation that makes perfect sense in a Half-Life 2 story guide on this website: http://members.shaw.ca/storage_4/hl2story/

"G-Man oversees Gordon's adventure, assisting him where necessary."

http://members.shaw.ca/storage_4/hl2story/evidence/gmanatbase.jpg

Slybri
11-27-04, 02:39 PM
yeah, that one and the one where the vorty is watching him on tv.
The g-man is definitly working with the resistance, preparing the way for gordon.

maybe he can appear to people in their minds, but not physically alter anything, just observe. Maybe gordon was hypnotized to think he was someone else, then he was awakened on the train.

Gaco
11-27-04, 02:45 PM
The g-man is definitly working with the resistance, preparing the way for gordon.

maybe he can appear to people in their minds, but not physically alter anything, just observe. Maybe gordon was hypnotized to think he was someone else, then he was awakened on the train.

Now THAT is speculation :p ;)

Greg
11-27-04, 09:34 PM
It might be cool to make a collection of all the G-Man sightings in the game. It might even shed more light on him. If not, at least we'll get to 'collect the set' ;)

GlowStick
11-27-04, 10:07 PM

No, If you keep 'useing' the people on the train they will mention "I didnt notice you get on the train" basicly thats hinting to you just appeared on the train, eg transported on the train. But the people are so demorailized they didnt notice/care they probly sceen werider things.

I do agree, that the G-man probly set certin thigns in motion for gordon, however with sergical persion, no more than needed.

tyx
11-28-04, 07:58 AM
...it properbly has in some G-man sightings thread, but...

Theres a Gman sighting thread??
Anyone care to give me a link, I must have miss it :(
Thanks

Greg
11-28-04, 05:01 PM
Here's the G-Man sighting thread at Steam Forums: http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=182302&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

tyx
11-29-04, 09:49 PM
Great thanks!!