PDA

View Full Version : HL2 stuttering solved - Officially

Ghostguy
11-22-04, 11:16 AM
A solution for the stuttering problem has been found and a fix is coming. I've been talking with Gary McTaggart about this today and it turns out that my texture management theory was correct. A patch will be coming for this issue that will load all of the required textures into video memory on level load, rather than doing it during game play. There is currently no ETA for this patch, but I will post an update as soon as I get more information. saw this @ Ve3d

stncttr908
11-22-04, 11:18 AM
Great, but everyone will have played it through at least once before it arrives. :(

saturnotaku
11-22-04, 11:22 AM
Is using the search function too difficult for people?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41079

And this isn't even in the right forum for God's sake. It's right up top - "Source Engine forum" how can you miss that?

Ghostguy
11-22-04, 11:25 AM
Is using the search function too difficult for people?

if this was posted before, sorry. Didnt see it here in Gaming Central.

1) Im not gonna search before I post each and every thread, thats rediculous. I did look in here beforehand though, didnt see one, then posted.
2) No one told you that you had to post in this thread either. So the attitude isnt needed, thanks for playing though. :up:

Ghostguy
11-22-04, 11:26 AM
And this isn't even in the right forum for God's sake. It's right up top - "Source Engine forum" how can you miss that?

Umm, did I miss a boat....
This is "Gaming Central" isnt it?
Do people talk about games here?

Ghostguy
11-22-04, 11:32 AM
also the two threads in the Source Forums are...

"Tweakguides take on the stuttering problems" and "What we know so far about HL2 stuttering".

**edit** Just read the "what we know so far" thread.

My above comments still stand however. It's gaming news regardless.

Serrasalmus
11-22-04, 12:18 PM
thanks for the info

btw love the av...do you have dragonslair 3d return to the lair?

Ghostguy
11-22-04, 12:25 PM
thanks for the info

btw love the av...do you have dragonslair 3d return to the lair?

you're welcome and Yes to Dragon's Lair. It's here somewhere but I was always partial to Dirk the Daring. :D