PDA

View Full Version : DoD:S and CE owners

superklye
11-22-04, 08:07 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced we're going to get it. It's under the "coming soon" part of Steam just as HL1:S and HL2 were...I think once it's available, we'll get it.

einstein_314
11-22-04, 08:33 PM
That's an interesting thought. Can anybody confirm if the regular retail versions don't have it under "coming soon"?

fastguy94416
11-22-04, 08:39 PM
CE never said anything about DOD source. That is the reason I got Silver steam package

superklye
11-22-04, 08:45 PM
CE never said anything about DOD source. That is the reason I got Silver steam package
Well yeah, but it also never said anything about Codename: Gordon...and there aren't any other programs on my steam account that I don't own/have to pay extra for which makes me wonder if we in fact DO get DoD:S.

It doesn't have OpFor and Team Fortress on the "coming soon" saying "pay extra for these" or something...so that's why I got this thought.

WeReWoLf
11-22-04, 09:08 PM
everyone got codename gordon. Under my bronze installation of HL2 i have HL: Source "Out Now" and DOD:S "coming soon". I just wish Valve would pull there finger out and sell em separately for all the people that got bronze. Pretty damn stupid that we have to buy an extra silver or gold to get it. Oh well... maybe i will have to open my ce box. *pats ce box*

superklye
11-22-04, 09:14 PM
everyone got codename gordon. Under my bronze installation of HL2 i have HL: Source "Out Now" and DOD:S "coming soon". I just wish Valve would pull there finger out and sell em separately for all the people that got bronze. Pretty damn stupid that we have to buy an extra silver or gold to get it. Oh well... maybe i will have to open my ce box. *pats ce box*
I know everyone got it, that was the point: the box said nothing about it...so the fact that it says nothing about DoD:S doesn't necessarily mean I'm not going to get it.

WeReWoLf
11-22-04, 09:21 PM
well you got the ce box right? that's the gold version, xcept in a physical form. u'll be getting it.

GlowStick
11-22-04, 10:30 PM
I bet that CE editons dont get it, mainly because of price.

DOD is pritty much owned by valve, so VU cant lay a claim to it.

If you want it im sure it will be a seprate product upgrade for CE i expect it to sell for 19.99

superklye
11-23-04, 12:10 AM
well you got the ce box right? that's the gold version, xcept in a physical form. u'll be getting it.
But I didn't get the rest of the stuff Gold got (i.e. TFC, OpFor, Ricochet and the other games)...but i hope you're right. :-\