PDA

View Full Version : Half-LifeČ patch tomorrow?

rewt
11-22-04, 08:57 PM
Read http://www.blep.net/hl2stutter/

Then vote Yes if you believe it. No if you don't. I want to see how many people think this is a valid source or just some sort of rumor...

fastguy94416
11-22-04, 09:07 PM
Not a rumor, BUT I do not think it will be fixed tomarrow. If it screwes up my saved games I would be ticked as well.

WeReWoLf
11-22-04, 09:10 PM
i couldn't care about the saves... i've finished it and now i'm having fun.

rewt
11-22-04, 09:11 PM
Not a rumor, BUT I do not think it will be fixed tomarrow.

Ok then you think the patch is a rumor.

I don't think the patch would mess up our save games. But I will probably back them up just in case. ;)

superklye
11-22-04, 09:15 PM
It is SO lame when patches screw up save games...that's why I stopped playing FarCry...I kept losing all my progress.

jAkUp
11-22-04, 10:04 PM
Then just don't update :)

ynnek
11-22-04, 10:30 PM
it would be really stupid if valve releases a patch that breaks save games,s ince by default it auto updates.. and suddenly alot of people would be complaining about their save games lost.

superklye
11-23-04, 12:09 AM
Then just don't update :)
If I didn't update FarCry, no HDR. :(

jAkUp
11-23-04, 12:19 AM
it would be really stupid if valve releases a patch that breaks save games,s ince by default it auto updates.. and suddenly alot of people would be complaining about their save games lost.

yes, also the game is brand new so most people haven't finished the game yet

hypertek
11-23-04, 12:38 AM
i dont care if i loose my save games, its not like im playing all the way thru Final Fantasy game and loose my stats/progess.

betterdan
11-23-04, 07:56 PM
Well maybe tomorrow we might see the patch...
http://www.blep.net/hl2stutter/
Updates
11/23/04 09:59:16 PM GMT
Planet Half-Life has an update from Erik Johnson at Valve stating that the patch may be delayed a day for additional testing:
We're still working through some testing on this release. It might be something we'll want to hold for another day and release tomorrow.
Also, I have received a number of emails asking if the texture management fix will also work for stuttering problems in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I have emailed Gary McTaggart about this and will post an update as soon as I hear back. I am guessing that Vampire has the same inherent problem based on the reports I'm seeing, but I do not know what kind of arrangement Troika Games has with Valve as far as receiving Source engine updates.

FierceDeityLink
11-23-04, 08:55 PM
yay Steam Update!

It seems to have added a "Manual" option that launched a PDF for Half-Life 2, unless I just haven't noticed it before.

EDIT:
No longer require "remember password" to be checked to play offline

rewt
11-23-04, 10:21 PM
11:30 pm still no patch. 30 more minutes then I'm taking the game back and exchanging it for Halo 2

stncttr908
11-23-04, 11:39 PM
I haven't beaten it yet and I'm about to leave my primary rig here at school for a long weekend, so if the fix is ready by Sunday night I'll be happy.

hypertek
11-24-04, 04:20 PM
dam.. another day/..

Vagrant Zero
11-24-04, 10:30 PM
It's 830pm here and still no patch. Valve is so full of ****. Most of it goes to Newell's potbelly though.

anzak
11-24-04, 10:39 PM
It's 830pm here and still no patch. Valve is so full of ****. Most of it goes to Newell's potbelly though.

I installed the update many hours ago. Trust me, you don't want it. It made the stuttering more often and cut my fps in HALF!

Vagrant Zero
11-24-04, 10:49 PM
Heh, I beat the game a few days ago anyways. But thanks for the heads up.

rewt
11-25-04, 01:06 AM
anzak add this variable to your Autoexec.cfg file

mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware 1

If your fps are still too low try changing the value to 0 instead. Good luck!