PDA

View Full Version : WTB, GT stock cooler

spiderhole
11-23-04, 09:14 AM
I Have an XFX 6800NU, which has the worlds worst stock cooler. I looked into the NV Silencer5, but don't want to give up the two pci slots for it. I was curious if any others here who have replaced their GT cooler with the NV might want to sell one to me. I assume that the stock GT heatsink will fit the NU since it appears to have all the reference screw holes.

If anyone is interested, please reply here.

Thanks,
m

JRd1st
11-23-04, 09:42 AM
You might wat to D/L and install ExperTool and set your fans to run at 100% in the meantime to keep your GPU cool until you can get another fan. This is actually a great little utility.

ftp://gainward-ftp.de/utility/expertool/expertool_323.zip

spiderhole
11-23-04, 11:17 AM
You might wat to D/L and install ExperTool and set your fans to run at 100% in the meantime to keep your GPU cool until you can get another fan. This is actually a great little utility.

ftp://gainward-ftp.de/utility/expertool/expertool_323.zip

Not sure if the XFX NU even supports variable fan speeds. I REALLY want to replace the cooler since its TOTAL junk. Probably the worst one out there.

Turbo
11-23-04, 11:33 AM
I just replaced my stock BFG 6800GT cooler w/ an NV5.
You can have the stock cooler :angel2: Email me @ jcleve@nc.rr.com with your mailing address and I'll send it on. I have no use for it.