PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT - Monitor Blinking

ppeccin
11-23-04, 01:12 PM
I have a BFG 6800 GT with 66.81 drivers, with just ONE CTR monitor.

Everytime I enter de display settings in Windows, and enter advanced settings, my monitor blinks, just like when I change the refresh rate. (it goeas black for about 1 second)
That would be OK...

BUT, it also happens EVERYTIME I click with the right mouse button to open the context menu on any Windows Media Player movie file. I click with the right mouse button on top of a .AVI file, for example, and the monitor blinks.

Is this normal? Is there anyway I can turn this off?

Thanks.

StoNer
11-23-04, 01:22 PM
Thats pretty wierd.. See if your Sony model has drivers available. I looked up my Trinitron model and managed to find some drivers for it after some searching. And now finally the USB ports on my monitor dont make my mouse/gamepad lag :P

And also i had problems with my monitor display bieng way overstretched when it had been off for awhile, doesnt happen anymore.

wickfut
11-23-04, 01:46 PM
yeah i get it on my monitor too - tho not as drastic , a quick screen degaus or something

i dont worry about it

JRd1st
11-23-04, 01:59 PM
That happens when you hover over AVI thumbnails, right? The drivers are putting the card into 3D mode. Don't know why, but it happens to me too. I can tell because I can hear my fan speed spin up.

TacT
11-23-04, 03:13 PM
I started getting this yesterday and it started happening after I updated my motherboard drivers - GART and SMBus. Previously it never happened - regardless of what my 2d/3dclocks were, damn annoying it is but I don't get it hovering over avi files etc. I'll have to figure out what the hell is doing it later (although I suspect it was the chipset driver that's only speculation at this point as it was the only thing to change on my system).

I have the same motherboard and a Gainward ultra 2400 GT GS. Winchester 3500+ cpu and it's happening at stock and overclocked so nothing to do with that. Also, setting the 2d/3d clocks to the same speed doesn't make any difference whatsoever, I hope it's just the latest gart driver :lame:

ppeccin
11-23-04, 04:09 PM
Its not putting the card in 3d mode.
It has something to do with the video overlay being turned on, I think...

It appears that the vidcard is doing a reset of the video signal, and my monitor is resynching....

Anyone else?

fuelrod
11-23-04, 04:50 PM
I have the same problem. FuSiON and I were discussing this problem awhile back here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38918) before the thread got hijack by overclockers. I have tried many drivers and nothing has helped if you find a solution please post it. It definitely gets frustrating after awhile. What type of monitors are people using that see this problem. I have a 19" ViewSonic G90fb.

Zetto
11-24-04, 08:23 PM
I think I have similar problem - blinking screen every so often, usually after I mess with settings or something. I have an LCD monitor. I am not certain though that I have this happening when I am accessing avi files.

eyoo
11-25-04, 01:37 AM
I get a quick black flash on my screen when I exit firefox or MS Office for example. I just started noticing it a couple of days ago. It's very odd.

carl
11-25-04, 12:11 PM
I have the same problem but its with a Leadtec 6800... I have the same motherboard as you mate.