PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get the SLI connector from?

jAkUp
11-23-04, 03:33 PM
Today we recieved a PCI-Express 6800GT SLI in at work. The card supports SLI, (it has the SLI connector at the top) However, the box contains no bridge to connect the two cards.

Does this come with in the motherboard box? Or must you order it from somewhere else?

wEEt
11-23-04, 03:40 PM
Mmmhh...I saw this ASUS mainboard which had the SLI connector in the package.

ricercar
11-23-04, 05:13 PM
That's odd. My buddy on the NVIDIA drivers team said the cards would ship with the SLI connector, not the motherboards. He also said ribbon connectors were more likely than rigid PCB connectors, so that the slot distance apart would not be a factor.

Cota
11-23-04, 05:24 PM
AFAIK the SLI connector is bundled with the motherboard. And rigid connectors are preferable the ribbon ones.

Ssexyman8404
11-23-04, 05:39 PM
I just read an article that it ships with boards that have the SLI authentification stamp on the box, although it wasn't called exactly that and i can't remember what it was called lol. It also strangely said that any two indenticle gpu types, regardless of manufacturer, that have this stamp of approval will be connectable with SLI. That would be a very nice feature, but flies in the face of what i've heard previosly. They seemed quite insistant on this point, or rather stated that Nvidia was quite insistant on it. I'll go try to find it right now and post a link.