PDA

View Full Version : Ge FX 5700 - how? adjust anistropic/antialiasing

Dogpigboy
11-26-04, 03:42 PM
Any idea how to control anistropic/antialiasing seletion on my GeFx 5700LE?

There don't appear to be any soft-selections of these features along the Display properties>settings>advanced...path.

They can be application selected (Doom etc), I know, but since I am running an application that requires them to be off and it expects me to manually set it thus.
But since I can't find a way and suspect they are on by default (on the 5700LE) - I'm bug**red.

XanderF
11-27-04, 12:35 AM
Use the application profiles, that's what they are there for.

Just create a new profile for the application in question that needs them 'off', then just set that profile to force aniso and antialiasing 'off'.

That's exactly why profiles are better than driver settings - you don't have to remember to go into the control panel and change them back if you quit the other application and fire up Doom3 - each profile will have different settings, and it will automatically apply the right one.

Dogpigboy
11-27-04, 10:57 AM
ok all sorted. Turned out to be a drivers issue. And drivers not wanting to install properly. The game I'm on - scorched3d - doesn't have application profiles to allow selecvtion in the way you describe.