PDA

View Full Version : Application Profile for Half Life 2

bagman
11-27-04, 04:32 AM
Hi there
Am trying to set up an application profile for HL2 in the nVidia control panel.
When I click on the "Add Profiles" button and use the browse option, I am unable to find an appropriate .exe file for HL2.
Can anybody who has set up a HL2 application profile point me in the right direction please ??
If I was to disable AA/AF in the game Options menu, wud the AA/AF settings I have in Global Driver Settings work ok in HL2 ?? I thought it was always best to use the in-game settings and disable via nVidia control panel, hence why I want to setup a profile.
Many thanks

Lfctony
11-27-04, 04:49 AM
x:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\UserNameHere\Half-Life 2

bagman
11-27-04, 05:18 AM
Thks for the reply
When I follow yur suggested path I find a folder "Half Life 2 ". There is no .exe file in that folder. Is it the folder I choose when using the browse option in application profile ??
I did notice in that folder and icon similar to my desktop short cut.
But when I click on that ( with the game CD in the drive ) I get an error message " unable to load filesystem_dtsio.dll"
What I am doing wrong ??

Lfctony
11-27-04, 06:39 AM
You can't load it from there. That is the given executable. Just point it to that file for the application settings and it will work fine.

bagman
11-27-04, 07:43 PM
Thks for yur help......got it working now

cheers and thanks again

Superfly
11-28-04, 03:33 AM
sorry - point it to WHAT file???

I cant get this working either!!!!!

Lfctony
11-28-04, 03:58 AM
x:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\UserNameHere\Half-Life 2\hl2.exe

Then start it normally as you would, through Steam and it will work fine.

Superfly
11-28-04, 04:18 AM
roger that - got it working, something weird though - If I call the profile Half-Life2 it disappears after pointing it to the HL2.exe file?? - If I call it say - bubba and point it to the HL2.exe it works fine...........odd.

at least its now working - thanks dude.

Lfctony
11-28-04, 04:38 AM
I think the "-" isn't recognised in the profile manager. I named it Half Life 2 and it's working fine.

Glad I could help. :)

Superfly
11-28-04, 04:48 AM
yup - thanks dude.