11-27-04, 06:14 AM
This is just stupid. :angel2:

Drax
11-27-04, 06:30 AM
Talk about a waste.
:lame:

YOGIx213
11-27-04, 06:46 AM
Lol, what a bunch of lames....there's people on their forum who are begging for a chance to have that card and they laugh in their faces basically saying "Screw you, we want our jollies."

saturnotaku
11-27-04, 08:01 AM
Driver/ATI Heaven is a heaven for some of the dumbest people on the Internet. What they plan to do is just sickening. I like the idea that one person posted and that is auction it off on eBay and give the proceeds to charity. $400 (at least) donated to the right cause can go a long way to help people, especially during this time of year.

Pandora's Box
11-27-04, 08:07 AM
burn it! mwahahaha. lol j/k. even fokes at rage3d are not impressed

Knot3D
11-27-04, 08:26 AM
What a disgrace ! Ppl like him offer/contribute NOTHING positive to this world.

I really question his 'ethics' about more important life issues than videocards.

Silvergun
11-27-04, 08:35 AM
It look like this guy's only goal is to piss people off. I'm sure he expected tons of publicity from that post, but all he gets is a few dumb fanboys agreeing with him, and a net loss of $500. :lol2:

saturnotaku
11-27-04, 08:43 AM
and a net loss of $500. :lol2:

If I was the manufacturer of that card, I'd be pretty pissed off, too. Someone should let NVIDIA and the IHV brands know about this as well. It'll make 'em think twice before thinking about sending a review sample to that site.

Now if someone on this site were to destroy an X800 Pro in a similar manner, I'm sure they would be up in arms about it.

StoNer
11-27-04, 09:26 AM
Thats just stupid to ask for donations and such and then turn around and dump a 500 dollar card just to..

1. piss off nVidia fans, several of his posts indicate hes biased against nV
2. show off his elitist attitude to everyone to somehow fill his ego up more than it already is by destroying a 500 dollar card in front of a bunch of people who might only be lucky enough to afford a 100 dollar card or even less.
3. get divine retribution for that card even trying to compete with his beloved x800XT/XT-PEs. He probably saw the ultra get 2fps higher in a benchmark and put it on death row right then.

Q/A

Q: Whats the best current way to show off your e-penis?

A: For ATi its to own a x800XT-PE and for nVidia id imagine SLi Ultras

Q: How does one show he has a bigger e-penis than them all?

A: One idea would be to take a card that would symbolize having a rather large e-shlong and "Cut it Off" so to speak John Bobbet style thusly proving your e-pecker is indeed so long that you have room to "cut off" a few inches and still be the 1337est guy on the block.

I think thats what hes doing, proving his e-donkey is so long he can lobb off 500 dollars of foreskin. This e-circumsization will be forever known as a ritual for all e-boys willing to pass the test of e-manhood

ok post is e-done :)

FearMeAll
11-27-04, 10:41 AM
makes me sad to see such a thing..I love my GT...couldn't ever imagine destroying it..then again I can never imagine destroying any piece of 3d hardware...
It's morally wrong.

SkylineR34
11-27-04, 11:00 AM
Anyone know the maker of the card? If we can find out maybe someone should send the company an email and show them what driverheaven is really doing with their review products.

Spyke
11-27-04, 11:08 AM
They probably got that card for free anyways. Hopefully they don't need any money anytime soon. Thats an easy $400 bucks they could of used tawords site costs. Who the heck is gonna donate to the likes of them?

Spyke
11-27-04, 11:09 AM
Even then I doubt the folks at nVidia will be impressed by this selfish act of publicity either.

Anyone know the maker of the card? If we can find out maybe someone should send the company an email and show them what driverheaven is really doing with their review products.

Thats a very great idea.

SimFan
11-27-04, 12:09 PM
It's gonna be real difficult to destroy an nvidia card by setting it on fire.
My old and trusty nvidia TNT2Ultra has been waaay overclocked for 4 years now and is still burning like day 1.
I also got a nv6800gt (AGP) six weeks ago.
Will burn it for another 4 years for sure.
:bash:

JoKeRr
11-27-04, 12:30 PM
I think it's a Gainward Golden Sample, since the plate says High performance copper cooler.

Seriously, what a fkin dumbaz retar :retard: d he is, this admin guy Veridian3, his avatar looks like a transformed ultrasiko version of computerized michael jackson, he must be a friggin physcho and can't figure out what else to do to get ppl's attention.

it completely shows his lack of appreciation for such valuable hardware and all the countless hrs of work put in by the engineers who designed it.

Lfctony
11-27-04, 12:36 PM
Lamers.

Guys, the card is a Gainward one.Now,who wants to email Gainward?

MustangSVT
11-27-04, 12:46 PM
Yet again shows me how incompenent that admin over at DH truly is. Why don't they auction the card and give the money to some charity or something. Destroying anything, esp. modern computer hardware is a waste. This goes even for Mac's, as much as I hate them. :screwy:

Lfctony
11-27-04, 12:47 PM
Here it is.

http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/29/b2/ec_1_b.JPG

Ti22
11-27-04, 01:05 PM
thats the dumbest thing ever! they can send me the card and i'll do the destruction for them lol.

holmes
11-27-04, 01:09 PM
wow.. just in case you weren't quite convinced of driverheaven's attitude to nvidia...
:bleh:

wEEt
11-27-04, 01:19 PM
They could have done 1000 better things...But no, the have to do the most stupid thing I could image :lame: 400$ is a lot...Donate or whatever. But do not destroy it... :bash:

photophreak314
11-27-04, 07:37 PM
It's gonna be real difficult to destroy an nvidia card by setting it on fire.
My old and trusty nvidia TNT2Ultra has been waaay overclocked for 4 years now and is still burning like day 1.
I also got a nv6800gt (AGP) six weeks ago.
Will burn it for another 4 years for sure.
:bash:

I think he meant fire as in "pour on gasoline and light" not "overclock until it burns."

Rollo
11-27-04, 09:08 PM
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=62246&page=1&pp=15

They say it's a fully working card. :(
I'd buy it for $400 but i think they'll pass. :o

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=62448

What I had to say about it.

Pathetic waste by DH/Veridian...disgusting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veridian, a "mod" here, conducts a poll as to how to needlessly destroy a Gainward 6800Ultra.

Veridian, no one really cares about your infantile hatred of nVidia, and no one over the age of 12 is impressed by your pointless destruction of $400-$500 worth of video card.

If you were a MAN, and didn't want the 6800U, you would auction it off and give the proceeds to:

1. Your local "Empty Stocking" Club. Thumbing your nose at nVidia is more important than $500 worth of toys for kids who don't have much to hope for, isn't it, excuse for person?

2. Local shelter for battered women. Who cares about them when you can light $500 like a coked up rock star?

3. Local group that teaches adults to read. Wouldn't want to help anyone who made some bad choices in life have an actual chance when you can be a snotty punk?

4. Local homeless shelter. $400-$500 is a lot of money to these people, who are slowly starving to death.

Your juvenile antics sicken me. My money is where MY mouth is too- I'll PayPal you $450 instantly for this card if it's an Ultra, which is fair market value.

You can send the money to ATI if you want to thumb your nose at nVidia, but if you were a real MAN, you'd give it to someone less fortunate than yourself.

I say you don't have the BALLS to leave this on your board, because a LOT of people will think like me.

Reliant
11-27-04, 09:36 PM
I would say "kids these days" and shake my head but odds are he is older than me. I understand to them since it was given it has no value, but the least they could do is sell it and give the money away to a charity of their choice. Some people will never grow up and the mod at driverhaven.net is a prime example. Nothing you can really do about it other than shrug and hope he doesn't procreate.