PDA

View Full Version : 67.02 Extreme G Final Release

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

iyos
12-01-04, 03:12 AM
Grab here:

http://www.valancestudios.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=3

Of course, you need to be logged in to DL. I'll be benching these against the TechConnect set later today, and checking online performance. Got work to do (ah) so it'll have to wait until the evening.

LitHiuM
12-01-04, 04:40 AM
These are superb drivers. The best of any tweaked/modded nVIDIA driver set I've used. Nice performance increase, and very good IQ.

GRAB 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!

LitH

JRd1st
12-01-04, 05:43 AM
These are superb drivers. The best of any tweaked/modded nVIDIA driver set I've used. Nice performance increase, and very good IQ.

GRAB 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!

LitH

Man, these have some great tweaks! They even set your resolution for ya so your icons aren't all messed up after installing! If only they turned that damn nVidia settings icon off. But the IQ is excellent so what the hell.

K007
12-01-04, 06:19 AM
Compared to the original version, what have been changed? A version change log would be nice..

EverGreen
12-01-04, 06:36 AM
Another place for getting regged before testing, up to paying first with credit card !?

iyos
12-01-04, 06:37 AM
I get 5fps increase with these over the TechConnect drivers, and so far they seem nice and smooth online.

Also, the gren spot on de_chateau didn't seem to hit my FPS so bad, will check online though.

Sticking with these, great set so far.

oozish
12-01-04, 06:45 AM
i'M A REAL skeptic when it comes to modded drivers....so I finally decided to install these just cause I'm up and it's 5:30 in the a.m. and I haven't seen any new beta drivers for a while.

I'm really surprised and pleased. First off, the IMAGE QUALITY. Ok, I'm not sure how you pulled this off, but there is a noticeable improvement in image quality in 3dmark 2005 and 2003....for example, in 2005 in the first scene, All nvidia drivers I've ever tried had alot of problems rendering the lines on the crates without shimmering alot with white dots kinda..hard to explain, but it was very noticeably improved with these drivers....My jaw hit the floor just because I'm so used to such poor image quality at that first test to actually see something different than every nvidia release I've tested (all betas). 3DMark 2003 never looked so good, and on both synthetic benches I got all time new highs.

Nvidia 67.02
3DMARK 2003: 12758
3DMARK 2005: 5100'ish

Tweaked 67.02's:
3DMARK 2003: 12861
3DMARK 2005: 5229 (at least 100 point gain here).

Again, I'm telling you try this for yourself I think what you'll notice most is the image quality improvements; but the performance boost is nice. I'll update this post with Aquamark comparisons too in a minute....

My main question at this time is I have clamp 'on'...in the forum Daishi said to set it to 'allow' since it actually created some shimmering. Is this recommended with this final release? Thanks again! I'm a believer.

WOW, check this out:

Old Aquamark Score: 66810
Tweaked Driver Set: 69311

Oddly, I'm not seeing any improvement in HL2 VST...but I haven't documented my previous scores like i have above so I could be wrong. I got about 124fps with 8xAF 4xAA @ 1024x768

K007
12-01-04, 07:26 AM
I get 5fps increase with these over the TechConnect drivers, and so far they seem nice and smooth online.

Also, the gren spot on de_chateau didn't seem to hit my FPS so bad, will check online though.

Sticking with these, great set so far.
These drivers cant help that. Its the CPU that is doing the calcualation of the projectile..hl2 engine has good physics, but cant handle multiple physics's ie hl2 dm when everyone is only using gravity gun, it has a big hit on the cpu.

Drax
12-01-04, 07:34 AM
The image quality in Half-Life 2 with these drivers is superb! Everything is so crisp looking, especialy the buildings in the 3-D skyboxes. I can see more detail of the texture on the citadel as well. Speed seems a bit better in the outdoor areas.

Wow keep this up and you'll become a household name around here lol.

Tyr-Sog
12-01-04, 08:10 AM
Anyone try EQ2 with these?

killerUK
12-01-04, 08:33 AM
Online play with UT2004 has been greatly improved too. On my system, my FPS doesnt drop below 85fps at any point on any map! (85fps being the max online)

lapino
12-01-04, 08:42 AM
what exactly do these guys change about the drivers to get better results than nvidia does? I mean, you'd expect nvidia to know quite a bit more about their product/drivers than these (very knowledgeable) amateurs do!

Graphicmaniac
12-01-04, 09:21 AM
Nvidia Nvidia is time to refresh your Forceware studios with some new proframmer personal ehe :)

Gumby84
12-01-04, 09:50 AM
Can someone host these on another page or know where I can get them because the link at the top is not accepting my username and password....

iyos
12-01-04, 10:01 AM

JRd1st
12-01-04, 10:11 AM
I mean, you'd expect nvidia to know quite a bit more about their product/drivers than these (very knowledgeable) amateurs do!

If you only knew . . .

Gumby84
12-01-04, 10:14 AM
That's just it..it won't let me "log in as normal"

-----------------------------

Nevermind I found them...http://www.valancestudios.com/Drivers/

Idoru
12-01-04, 10:58 AM
OpenGL is supposed to be tweaked - anyone tried these with Doom 3?

Drax
12-01-04, 11:57 AM
Your not blocking cookies from that sight are you Gumby?

bkswaney
12-01-04, 01:14 PM
Grab here:

http://www.valancestudios.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=3

Of course, you need to be logged in to DL. I'll be benching these against the TechConnect set later today, and checking online performance. Got work to do (ah) so it'll have to wait until the evening.

Downloading now.

Does anyone know if the video problem was fixed in these?

EverGreen
12-01-04, 02:30 PM
Just peek an eye on this event of drivers and and and i noticed performance (cheers) boost with a lots of games, most of the shader effects perfectly and smooth.
Even some FPS gets higher, Jezus i am in love with these drivers....

Gurra101
12-01-04, 02:48 PM
I have a odd lagg in some parts of the screen with these!!

ssj4goku887
12-01-04, 03:06 PM
Gurra101 please elaborate on your problems.

Gurra101
12-01-04, 05:03 PM
Gurra101 please elaborate on your problems.

Ok I am from sweden so I hope you understand this! My english aint perfect.

The problem I get is that on the screen there is a sort of tvitching i some parts of the screen a small "line" not at the same part of the screen! I canīt explain it in english sorry!! But I changed back to the new 67.03 and the problem aint there anymore and it wasenīt there with Nvidias 67.02!

The graphics isnīt that smooth!

kurt454
12-01-04, 05:12 PM
Ok I am from sweden so I hope you understand this! My english aint perfect.

The problem I get is that on the screen there is a sort of tvitching i some parts of the screen a small "line" not at the same part of the screen! I canīt explain it in english sorry!! But I changed back to the new 67.03 and the problem aint there anymore and it wasenīt there with Nvidias 67.02!

That sounds like vsync tearing.