PDA

View Full Version : Everquest 2. I think I may have a partial solution to stuttering.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

-=DVS=-
12-16-04, 11:20 AM
Many MANY reports on official forums.
ATI 9800 PRO in city 14 fps stable no hicups.
6800 ULTRA: 16 fps with pauses that last several seconds + the usual stuttering.

This is no harddrive swapping issue. I get the same with my ULTRA. Sometime the image freezes for up to 5 seconds. No throttling happening. This happenes at any clockrate.

ATI cards DO run better than nvidia cards.

I know i read Official forum crazy stuff going on there , but i don't get half the problems others do , one thing for sure EQ2 is very CPU intense so be sure to get fast CPU.
You mention pouses for several second i only had that first day of EQ2 launch never happend again so.... those reports might be old and lag related actually. Only stutter i had was harddisk related.

Tyr-Sog
12-17-04, 02:25 PM
All US EverQuest 2 servers and Innovation are currently down. An ETA is unavailable at this time. We will be updating you with progress hourly and will deliver a more firm ETA when we can. Worlds will be brought back online as they are restored.

Major work and rollbacks. :eek:

-=DVS=-
12-17-04, 04:14 PM
Major work and rollbacks. :eek:

Yeah they screwd up with something , some mod said 1 hour then extra 15 minute now its 4 hours downtime , probably two more left Booo at SOE
(mikec)

Sorrow
12-17-04, 04:34 PM
maybe if we're lucky they've fixed quests finally! I have like 4 broken quests, and MAYBE they did something to help out 6800s!....but probably not :(

thunderhippo
12-17-04, 07:21 PM
A big thanks to ChrisRay on this one.
I had given up all hope on getting eq2 to work but tried his little fix and all is well now.
The everquest2 graphics guide over at the offical forums is great to help tweak this game but we need one of you video card gods to detail with precise "exactness" what each and every setting in the eq2 display settings does and how it effects the other settings for those of us who own 6800gts/ultras.

(xmassign2

-=DVS=-
12-17-04, 10:34 PM
lol EverQuest 2 is still down , i wouldn't be suprised if they deleted everything by mistake , and trying to make something up :eek:

Sorrow
12-17-04, 10:54 PM
been playing CS Source for the past 10 hours waiting for EQ2 to come back up.....my hands ache soo bad :(

-=DVS=-
12-17-04, 11:28 PM
Hmm there are serious problems with SOE support Linky (http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tech_support&message.id=34708) you can loose your character for no reason and tech support is useless ! im starting to think something got very seriously messed up :eek2:

Sorrow
12-18-04, 04:02 PM
12/18/04:

Unforeseen issues arose following the game update on Friday, Dec. 17th. that forced us to take the EQII servers offline. While a number of worlds have been restored to service, there are some that remain unavailable. Please know that every available resource here at SOE is working on the swift and accurate return of those remaining servers, as well as taking necessary steps to ensure that these issues do not arise in the future.

As a thank you to our customers for their patience during this outage, we are removing all experience and tradeskill debt for all characters. In addition, we will also be offering free time to help make up for the time you're unable to play. Exact details regarding time extensions will be available once all issues are resolved.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and our thanks you all very much for your understanding.

- The EverQuest II Team

In addition, we will also be offering free time to help make up for the time you're unable to play. Exact details regarding time extensions will be available once all issues are resolved.

wonder what this means??

killahsin
12-19-04, 08:38 AM
it means 3 days extended to your billing, and 24 hours of accelerated xp, at the ssame time they wiped out alot of xp debt.

mustrum
12-20-04, 07:12 AM
This might help some people. The memory leak of the client makes everyones client slow down until it getsa unplayable after a few hours.
Using memturbo 3 helps quite a bit. If you recover your ram after zoning it extends the time until the game slows down. It's now fix but you can buy time with this.

Ghosthunter
12-24-04, 10:45 AM
anyone tried the new beta drivers 71.20 with EQ2 yet?

reading on the eq2 forums, some saying not only better performance but lot more color and looks much better..

I am running right now 66.93 but afraid to mess around since everything seems to be running ok for now

|MaguS|
12-24-04, 12:20 PM
Im using them, I never had the stutter issue so performance is about the same, IQ does look better though.

Ghosthunter
12-24-04, 08:48 PM
well i installed them performance seems to be about same..but Image quality what a difference much better..colors look much more vibrant

Elderblaze
12-25-04, 01:19 AM
hah this guy mention vibrant color and eq2 in the same sentence /laugh, and ebtmagus I specifically remember you having stutter issues when eq2 came out.

MOTÖRHEAD
12-25-04, 02:44 PM
hah this guy mention vibrant color and eq2 in the same sentence /laugh, and ebtmagus I specifically remember you having stutter issues when eq2 came out.

Which is a driver issue I believe. I heard that cards like ATI's 9800 can run the game with no stutter at all. Which is ironic considering it has Nvidia's slogon "The Way It Was Meant To Be Played" which is slapped onto the intro screens. Then again I also heard that the older FX line of cards is not really effected as well.

Vlahka
12-31-04, 12:58 AM
Anyone tried any new drivers, like those 67.02G and other stuff?

Btw, you can up the colour in games using Digital Vibrance. Dont need to switch drivers to get better colours.

MaLk^
01-05-05, 09:28 AM
Nice work so far Chrisray, i hope you will keep us all updated with your korrespondance with Nvidia, im personally very curious as to any official statements about this issue, and im looking forward to a solution to the problem.

Downside
01-11-05, 08:33 AM
Well 2+month's after release, and still no resolution to the sub-par performance on 6800 class hardware.

If you want a good laugh go read the thread on the official support forums at eq2players.

I can't believe NVidia would let this linger for so long, as it's made a complete mockery of it's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" logo.

Sorrow
01-11-05, 08:36 AM
It's not Nvidia, it's the programmers at SoE, something they did after the second patch messed up the 6x cards.

Ghosthunter
01-11-05, 08:55 AM
I ma having no issues at all playing at 1600x1200..on very high quality except water turned down..even in queynos harbor where my 2 room apt is..it runs pretty smooth..

|MaguS|
01-11-05, 08:57 AM

Please point me to where I said I had an issue with Stuttering in the game? I can never recall EVER having an issue with Stuttering...

Downside
01-11-05, 04:50 PM
If NVidia puts thier way its meant to get played logo on it, it's on them as well. Part of that program is they are supposed to provide technical resources to the dev's to get the product working as best it can on NV hardware.

Is the problem in SOE's code? Probably, but two month's with no fixes tells me that it's not getting the attention it needs from either party. NV should be putting serious pressure on SOE to get it straitened out, or pull the TWIMTBP logo from the product.

MaLk^
01-13-05, 10:26 AM
I ma having no issues at all playing at 1600x1200..on very high quality except water turned down..even in queynos harbor where my 2 room apt is..it runs pretty smooth..

Excuse me for finding that a bit hard to believe!

Very high is meant for video cards with 512 Mb or more, so that you can play without any issues even in QH i think is a bit unlikely, you must have turned something other than the water down!

|MaguS|
01-13-05, 10:34 AM
There is a difference between having issues with the game and low performance. I myself have ZERO technical issues with the game. I nolonger crash and I never had the stutter problem others had. Im not getting 60FPS and my FPS does drop when there are many NPC's or im in town but these are performance drops due to my settings being higher then recommened. If I wanted I could lower the settings and play with high FPS all the time, by why do that just so I can get high FPS in a town when I don't need High FPS? Nothing happens in a town and im there so rarely that its pointless.

Chopping up do to the game loading is not the same as stuttering, stuttering is the game locking up for acouple seconds for no apperent reason. This happens to people when there the only one on screen and just standing there, thats stuttering. Dips in performance are not, these are the game stressing your hardware.

BTW, Extreme Quality is for 512MB Cards. I play at 1600x1200 @ High Quality, just fine with acouple dips in FPS in towns (like I said earlier) but when in any other area, I can group and run around smooth as butter.