PDA

View Full Version : Monitor shut-off problem...

ragejg
11-18-02, 07:30 AM
I have 2 Vistapoint 17" monitors... They seem to be kinda grade B, but I got them for $65 a piece... One of them shuts off every time the display rez changes, and I gotta reach over and kick it back on again... The other one is a different model without the problem... Can this be associated with failure of a single component, like a fuse or something? I know nothing about the internals of a monitor except for crimp quality, solder joint quality, and housing retention. Any help would be appreciated, as the tube on this particular one happens to be darn near trinitron quality...

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

thcdru2k
11-18-02, 08:20 AM
classic ol get what you pay for but at least its trinitron quality. i say don't even bother its not like you'd be changing res often.

ragejg
11-18-02, 08:28 AM
It does it when starting up the system AND windows AND any time the screen switches... Getin sick of pushin the switch every time BF1942 loads up a new map and stuff...

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

DaveW
11-20-02, 11:22 AM
The other one is a different model without the problem... Can this be associated with failure of a single component, like a fuse or something?

Yeah, its a mechanical relay. Its what makes the clicking sound. Your power button is also connect to it. You may even be able to solder in a replacement.