PDA

View Full Version : help with intel bios please!

michaelb165
12-02-04, 05:02 PM
I have an intel D875PBZ motherboard. And the board was super solid with my Atio 9800 pro but I got a GeForce 6800 GT when Doom 3 came out and it ran great for about 3 weeks then gave me mad artifacts and bit the dust. no problem I thought as I RMA'd the card back to PNY. I finally got a new GT about 4 weeks ago and now I am starting to get artifacts again! It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough that I think the card is dying AGAIN! I mean I've heard of graphics cards being bad but 2 in a row?!?! I'm wondering if I need to turn something off in the bios. Now the problem is the intel bios doesn't give me a lot of control over my AGP settings, is there a program that will allow me to tweak my AGP settings?

Also from reading these boards it seems the 6800's have quite a few defects. Is this Nvidia's fault or PNY's?

S.I.N
12-02-04, 05:11 PM
It may be something other than your card. What AGP settings? You want to down clock your card you mean? Coolbits will allow you to do that. Also check your temps. Right click and go to the advance settings and see if your temps or in the 50's to low 60's. It may be a PSU or heat problem.

michaelb165
12-02-04, 05:33 PM
Whats interesting is it doesn't happen all the time which leads me to believe it may be the card giving out. AGAIN. Everytime it happens I check my temps and they are 62 and 51. Which I believe to be right where they need to be. I just want more control over my bios, more than intel allows I guess.

Buck Armstrong
12-02-04, 06:19 PM
My first GT was bad right out of the box. I was unable to play Doom3 without artifacts and stuttering at default clocks. My second has screamed through Doom3, FarCry, and HL2 at 400/1100 with stock cooling.

I also have an Intel 875PBZ. One thing I can tell you is that the chipset and device drivers that originally came with it required several small "hotfixes" (USB, SATA, etc.). So the first thing to do is download and install the latest Intel Chipset drivers and BIOS. Then set your aperture size (mine's at 256), and see what happens.

If none of that works, and since this is your second card and your temps aren't too high, then its probably your PSU. If not, then it looks like you just got another bad card. Sorry man.