PDA

View Full Version : Does 67.03 fix this video overlay bug in 66.93?

MarkRH
12-02-04, 11:10 PM
I've uncovered a bug in the 66.93 WHQL drivers. When playing videos using overlay, the Gamma control in the Color Correction options has no effect on the overlay video. The brightness and contrast affect the video, but not the gamma which creates a more desired effect.

Rolled the driver back to 61.77 and the gamma control works once again.

I am using Winamp 5.06 to play the Videos In. The drivers also break the Gamma Control in the NVDVD and WinDVD 4.0 players I have as well. Basically anything using hardware overlay acceleration. For now I am using the 61.77 drivers.

Anyone with 67.03 installed have the above problem?

System is XP Home w/ SP2, 6800 GT w/ dual monitors, Intel D850EMV2 MB

Thanks,
Mark H.

PikachuMan
12-02-04, 11:33 PM
When playing videos using overlay, the Gamma control in the Color Correction options has no effect on the overlay video.

The colour correction is set to "All" or "Overlay/VMR", not desktop, right?

I'm using the 67.02 drivers, all the colour correction options work fine.

rewt
12-03-04, 12:26 AM
They work okay, I guess. You're probably better off setting the gamma in the players themselves. I've been having a tricky time with the drivers trying to get my settings to stay.

MarkRH
12-03-04, 02:23 AM
With 66.93, the Gamma setting in NVDVD didn't work either. Anyway, I installed 67.03 and the Gamma Control works in it :) Everquest and Doom 3 seem to play fine still as well.

All is well so far with these drivers.

Mark H.

red_star
12-03-04, 09:35 AM
WinAmp :retard:

whatwhat
12-04-04, 07:08 AM
Expanding upon this; has anyone else here had other issues with video related items (overlay particularly) and performance? With all of the recent 66 series drivers my mouse input stutters horribly while opening and closing a video file with overlay on. This was tested with both MPC and WMP9/10. Turning Overlay off makes this stutter magically disappear. I should note that all of the recent 67 series drivers also have this behavior. I'm currently using 61.77 which don't exhibit the behavior.

Pertinent system specs:

WinXP SP2
P4 2.4
6800GT

...Not sure much else matters beyond stating that I've checked pretty much everything and it appears to be strictly driver related. If anyone has more information regarding this, please post.

MarkRH
12-04-04, 01:40 PM
I don't notice any mouse stuttering using the 67.03 drivers when playing Videos in either WMP10, Winamp 5.07, or Real Player 10. When I installed this set of drivers I decided to just run the setup.exe and install them on top of what was there without uninstalling any drivers first.

XP Home SP2
P4 2.4 GHz
eVGA 6800GT
Intel D850EMV2 MB

Mark H.

superklye
12-04-04, 01:47 PM
I don't notice any mouse stuttering using the 67.03 drivers when playing Videos in either WMP10, Winamp 5.07, or Real Player 10. When I installed this set of drivers I decided to just run the setup.exe and install them on top of what was there without uninstalling any drivers first.

XP Home SP2
P4 2.4 GHz
eVGA 6800GT
Intel D850EMV2 MB

Mark H.
That's what I used to do all the time, and regardless of what everyone here says, I NEVER had a problem.

iyos
12-04-04, 02:00 PM
That's what I used to do all the time, and regardless of what everyone here says, I NEVER had a problem.

You should uninstall really - takes an extra 2 mins -, not much effort. You probably wouldn't have any crashing issues, but the possibility of having out-dated driver dll's *can* occur.

BTW: The Darkness came to uni, they were wicked live :-) The lead singer used to come round my house because he faniced my sister (no ****). Bet she regrets turning him down now, she says she doesn't, but thats lies :d

whatwhat
12-05-04, 07:57 AM
Perhaps it would help this discussion by mentioning that the 66.77 drivers do not have this problem. Newer drivers beyond this set (66.81 and up) cause this issue for me.

I'm not quite sure why driver installation methods are being discussed here as it appears to be a non-issue in this case.

That said, are there any others with this issue?

flah
01-23-05, 11:50 PM
I am a linux user who doesn't seem to have any brightness controls etc for the overlay on my new 6600GT. I am trying to find out if this is a driver problem or if these 6600 cards have somehow regressed to the technology from the TNT2 days. Since some of you whouse windows obviously do have these controls with some driver versions, can you tell me if any of you have a 6600 with working overlay controls. I am not meaning controls that affect the whole desktop - just the overlay for watching video etc in a window. Do any of you know for sure if the 6600 hardware does or does not support this?

thanks