PDA

View Full Version : I'm ****ed...

circuitbreaker8
12-02-04, 11:36 PM
Damn it, I cant find my stock BFG chrome piece ANYWHERE!!! I modded my stock heatsink with an 80mm fan, but now I cant find the two little fans or the chrome piece!!! I'm so f*cked if this card dies.... :| Does anyone know where I can buy one?

rewt
12-02-04, 11:44 PM
I'm so f*cked if this card dies.... :|

I have read that removing the plate on a BFG does not void its warranty, but I am not sure if that covers when you have lost it :confused:

abzolute
12-03-04, 03:29 AM
buy another one, exchange the parts and return it. duh!!!!

mustrum
12-03-04, 04:03 AM
Taking it off wont void warranty but you have to return a complet card.
Better search for those parts a bit longer.

Edit: I am ****ed as well btw. My waterblock on the chipset was in the way and ripped off a capacitor wehn i put the card in. I could solder it on again but no more RMA possibility for me.

Videl
12-03-04, 08:29 AM
What is it with ppl worrying so much about RMA'ing their hardware? Do you actually think the guy who recieves it is goign to notice a missing capacitor? a missing chip? are they even going to bother examining it? RMA process only ensures that the person they are sending a new card to bought their stuff to begin with. Anything else they tell you is BS.

saturnotaku
12-03-04, 08:33 AM
What is it with ppl worrying so much about RMA'ing their hardware? Do you actually think the guy who recieves it is goign to notice a missing capacitor? a missing chip? are they even going to bother examining it? RMA process only ensures that the person they are sending a new card to bought their stuff to begin with. Anything else they tell you is BS.

Because these folks are actually honest? It's idiots like you who mod hardware until it breaks then return it for a freebie that ruins things for everyone else.

BioHazZarD
12-03-04, 12:28 PM

Yeah i hope you try that and they will tell you other.

TROLL (mikec)

Filibuster
12-03-04, 02:14 PM
When we RMA motherboards sometimes we get them back with tiny scratches on the bottom with a red circle around it and a page explaining why the board isn't replaceable. Things like capacitors broken off we don't even send in because it won't fly.

I don't know how video cards are but some companies are VERY picky about this stuff.