View Full Version : They destroyed a 6800 Ultra

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

coldpower27
12-05-04, 12:16 AM
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=63084&page=1&pp=15

a Sad day indeed :(

anzak
12-05-04, 12:24 AM
I found a new way to spell dumbass, D-r-i-v-e-r-H-e-a-v-e-n.

They could have sold the card and put the money to charity or even to pay their their vB hosting bill. It just goes to show how immature some people are.

AthlonXP1800
12-05-04, 12:37 AM
Hmmm nah, I will spell it D-r-i-v-e-r-H-e-l-l for these evil digust people who slaughter videocards. :D

Zelda_fan
12-05-04, 12:44 AM
man that $600 could of went to chairty to help hungry people in need. People should be shot for wasting that kind of money.

gmontem
12-05-04, 01:11 AM
Guess we know where the money goes when people support such a site.

jAkUp
12-05-04, 01:11 AM
God... the stupidy of people in this world amaze me. I'm glad I am part of a community who believes that this is very wrong, not to mention dumb.

rewt
12-05-04, 01:14 AM
Time for RMA lol

zoomy942
12-05-04, 01:17 AM
any site with at least a tiny amount of respect for themselves, would have at least had a raffle for the card. give some guy (or gal) who doesnt have $500 in a sock drawer a chance to have a great card. instead, they destroy it and think it's cool. it reminds me of little bully kids who pull the legs off spiders just to see them squirm.

Lfctony
12-05-04, 01:18 AM
Lamers.

noko
12-05-04, 01:28 AM
Maybe their ratings was going down the tube so they became desparate or something. I like them to do an ATI card and see all those same people cry and have a fit. Wait a minute then I would be just like them :(.

bkswaney
12-05-04, 01:52 AM
man that $600 could of went to chairty to help hungry people in need. People should be shot for wasting that kind of money.

I agree 100%.
What dumbasses. :ass: :barf:

They should have raffled off that card and
gave the money to charity or to some poor kids
with no christmas coming.

I hardly ever read there site now.
I'll make it a point not to now for sure.

They are stuck up ATI's ass so far
they cannot see daylight!
They must have needed browny points with ati. :barf::hug:

rewt
12-05-04, 01:56 AM
boooooo the fanboys

"Boooooooooooo!"

CaptNKILL
12-05-04, 02:08 AM
God... the stupidy of people in this world amaze me. I'm glad I am part of a community who believes that this is very wrong, not to mention dumb.
I agree.

Its a shame people will promote those stupid asses as a hardware site. Apparently they did it for the sole purpose of proving people wrong that said they wouldnt do it.

I really wish someone would dare them that they wouldnt video tape themselves shoving a pocket knife into their knee cap. Thatd be some interesting footage... someone stupid enough to do this out of spite would deffinitely stab themselves as well.

I really hope there are some negative repercussions from this. They need something to wake them up.

I laugh at stupid people doing stupid things. But this is just rediculous. For christs sake, if they wanted to destroy something worth $500-$600 they would have gotten a LOT more enjoyment out of spending that much on a crappy old car or a bunch of old TVs. Driving over a video card isnt even remotely interesting. Even if it was a tnt 2 M64 I dont think itd be interesting.

As a rule of destruction (which I know a lot about): the dollar value of an item should reflect its ability to explode\fall apart\catch on fire. If it doesnt, DON'T F#^&ING DESTROY IT!!!!!!!!!!

CaptNKILL
12-05-04, 02:15 AM
oo oo! just got a random idea... someone with a really fast internet connection (no monthly bandwidth limit) set up some sort of program that downloads both their "destruction" videos over and over with no end and just let it run as their bandwidth gets sucked dry. If they can piss away a $500 video card, im sure they can afford to piss away a few dozen gigs of bandwidth which the support of their fans pays for. We read their articles, we click their links (which makes them $$$) and when they could give back to us with a video card, they destroy it. Its only fair to take back the bandwidth too(though probably illegal :p).

gmontem
12-05-04, 02:24 AM
Sounds like a plan. I suggest running a program that can post data (the download URL) to a site like Proxify.com (http://Proxify.com). :bleh:

Titan's Revenge
12-05-04, 03:05 AM
First, biased benchmarks. Now this. :nono:

superklye
12-05-04, 03:43 AM
****ing retards

Shamrock
12-05-04, 04:15 AM
to beat it all, on their FRONT page, they want you to DONATE money through paypal to help keep the site running!

Oh, and go here:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1452058&enterthread=y

Rollo made a BIG stink about it, and they banned him, by IP...just because he told them they could have sold it for charity. He was polite. (mikec)

DMA
12-05-04, 05:11 AM
Wow, talk about backfire. DH is flamed to death on every forum out there. But what did they expect?

Imagine Mike destroying an X800 and posting it on the front page. Can't see that happening? Of course you can't. :)
This thing is so damn stupid and childish it's...bah, it just pisses me off.

I'm sure they'll post something later today saying the card was already fried and that we all should just cool down.
"Just a little joke guys"
Hahaha...ha..ha. Very funny.

Darkoz
12-05-04, 05:14 AM
Seems that they don't take criticism very well.

I just got banned for posting that they were irresponsible for destroying a perfectly good expensive card when it could have been auctioned off and the proceeds donated to a charity.

I'd give you a link but i can't get into the site now.
Unbelievable.

vasileiou
12-05-04, 05:25 AM
According what some say

THESE WAS FOR REVENGE FOR THE "GURU3D" MEMBER THAT DESTROYED A RADEON 9800 CARD THE PREVIOUS YEAR WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER.
AND THE MODERATORS OF THAT SITE DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

Stupidity exists in many sites and in both Atiboys and Nvidiaboys and does not exist only in Driverheaven (and recently there is plenty in Rage3d also among moderators and members)

The most important thing is that
if the Moderators do not do something about it, always the site takes the blame and beeing accused for supporting Fanatics and a certain GPU manufacturer only (Nvidiots or Atidiots)

pat777
12-05-04, 05:49 AM
Also, a racing game-making company would pay a lot to car manufactures so they can have car-damage. I think DH should pay a lot to nVIDIA for showing a damaged 6800U. I hope nVIDIA sues DH for this and that nVIDIA wins the case.

Darkoz
12-05-04, 06:04 AM
According what some say

THESE WAS FOR REVENGE FOR THE "GURU3D" MEMBER THAT DESTROYED A RADEON 9800 CARD THE PREVIOUS YEAR WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER.
AND THE MODERATORS OF THAT SITE DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

Stupidity exists in many sites and in both Atiboys and Nvidiaboys and does not exist only in Driverheaven (and recently there is plenty in Rage3d also among moderators and members)

The most important thing is that
if the Moderators do not do something about it, always the site takes the blame and beeing accused for supporting Fanatics and a certain GPU manufacturer only (Nvidiots or Atidiots)

The difference here is that the 9800 was owned by a forum member and he destroyed his own card, whereas the destruction of the 6800 (which was an ex-review sample) was organised by the Driverheaven administrators themselves.

Serial_Killer
12-05-04, 06:12 AM
Whoah, the majority of you people are actually very good for suggesting that the money should have gone to charity, and I too agree that this was a very ignorant stupid idea on driverheaven's part...

Drax
12-05-04, 06:30 AM
Damn, I've been banned from Driver Heaven. What a shame. In his wisdom he figured my low post count meant I was hiding from my "main account at driver heaven". I should lurk there looking for the biggest dweeb (who isn't already a moderator) and send them an e-mail saying I was that guy.