PDA

View Full Version : unlocking the asus V9999GE

T.h.o.m.a.s.
12-05-04, 04:44 AM
i had a weird problem last night, a friend of mine bought the same card .
so i tried to unlock the pipelines and vertex unit , but when i opened rivatuner
teh vertex unit was enabled by default, so far so good .
but i tried several times to unlock the masked pipelines, in vain , you could make the changes in rivatuner , but when you make a restart only 12 were enabled instead of 16 . with my card i have everything unlocked :s
i also reinstalled drivers and rivatuner , but the problem stays .
then i tried his card in my system and vice versa , teh same problem remains he can unlock everything with my card in his sytem ,i cant unlock his card in my system . cards have the same bios version and driver version !
anyone ?

Mud
12-05-04, 06:47 AM
mine worked fine too, of the GE owners performing this mod i'd say about 3/4 had working pipelines...i definately read about a few people on guru3d who only gained a vertex shader.

Dazz
12-05-04, 07:57 AM
I can get an extra Vertex shader but the extra 4 pipelines is a no go :(

DMA
12-05-04, 11:28 AM
The rivatuner guy, unwinder (?), already knows about the new "unmoddable" cards and is working on it. At least thats what i read on the futuremark forum. :)
Would be a nice christmas present. 4 new shiny pipelines. (snowman)

Dazz
12-05-04, 07:31 PM
Doesn't really bother me as in a month i will have two 6800 PCI-E cards :)

Unwinder
12-06-04, 02:26 AM
The rivatuner guy, unwinder (?), already knows about the new "unmoddable" cards and is working on it. At least thats what i read on the futuremark forum. :)
Would be a nice christmas present. 4 new shiny pipelines. (snowman)

I'm _not_ working on it as I don't have such "unmoddable" card for investigation. So don't expect any XMas presents form me. If there really were some changes in PCB/GPU, then I'm alsomt sure that this time NV did it for sure to make softmodding simply impossible. Nobody will bother with redesining hardware to change the protection, if it can be broken as easy as the previous one.

thecrazykevy
12-06-04, 03:13 AM
From what I seen, the Leadtek 6800's have a very high percentage rate of being able to unlock both vertex and pixel pipelines with no problem. I'm lucky enough to own one and I got it way before I knew they could be modded.

DMA
12-06-04, 03:17 AM
I'm _not_ working on it as I don't have such "unmoddable" card for investigation. So don't expect any XMas presents form me. If there really were some changes in PCB/GPU, then I'm alsomt sure that this time NV did it for sure to make softmodding simply impossible. Nobody will bother with redesining hardware to change the protection, if it can be broken as easy as the previous one.

So my new year's resolution should be:
Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

(xmasmile)

T.h.o.m.a.s.
12-06-04, 03:57 AM
could it be some resistor config on the pcb ,preventing rivatuner from unlocking those pipelines ?

PeterJensen
12-06-04, 05:02 AM
Mine works :)

Strahd
02-24-05, 12:59 PM
I have the V9999GE and the default is 12x1 5vp. I used rivatuner to unlock it and rebooted. When I loaded ravatuner (15.3), it reported 16x1 6vp. When I ran 3dbench05, I got a very wierd display. I know this thread is old and I'm like really late getting into this softmod stuff, but are there other settings I have to change in order for the unlocking to not corrupt my display when running the benchmark?

Thanks in advance!!

Bullets have the right-of-way!

Strahd