http://img58.exs.cx/img58/3720/hl22004-10-0719-50-48-87.jpg

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/5570/hl22004-10-0719-56-45-81.jpg

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/7406/hl22004-10-0719-58-56-34.jpg

K007
12-06-04, 01:31 AM
erm...this is old it was there for ages O.o

jAkUp
12-06-04, 01:39 AM
Hehe yea I know, but its still fun as ever.

BTW, does CS Source have a built in anti-cheat yet? It seems like some players may be cheating.... its getting really annoying. I thought it had some sort of built in cheat prevention? I remember back in the day when cs used PB... That worked ok.

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 06:41 AM
VAC2 hasn't been "turned on" yet.

Superfly
12-06-04, 07:17 AM
to answer the question in your screen shots JakUp - I use a sesitivity of 5.2 - I asume you mean mouse here???

I have a friend - a CS 1.6 verteran you uses 8.7!!

Superfly
12-06-04, 07:26 AM
also what network tweaks r u guys using??

im using a rate of 26500 - default is 10000 CVAR=rate xxxxx

cmdrate of 60 - CVAR= cl_cmdrate xx - default is 30 (best set to match your average FPS)

updaterate of 20 - default is 20 CVAR= cl_updaterate xx (number of times server updates client per second)

This is on a 1mb DSL connection. (786mb downstream)

I managed to reduce my ping from an average of about 40-50 to 25-35

LINK to TWEAKGUIDE: http://home.covad.net/~k25125/SteamyThings/NetGraph_Steam.htm

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 07:33 AM
No tweaks at all... I have my Mouse Sensitivity at 2.0 and my Zoom_Sensitivity at 1.0 (so it doesn't change when I zoom in).

Superfly
12-06-04, 07:35 AM
I do suggest optimizing your network settings for this game - use the net_graph 2 command to see how well your connection is doing - you are looking for as flat a bar as possible!!! with NO spikes!!!

I had HUGE spikes before optimization.

six_storm
12-06-04, 07:59 AM
I love playing CS:S. Just the "Shooting through walls/boxes" pisses me off. Also, Valve didn't bother to balance the power of all the weapons in the game. Have you ever had say a M4, unload an entire clip into a T, he turns around a shoots you twice with a standard pistol and you DIE? How crappy is that? I can understand if one team had a lot of money and better weapons leading to a huge advantage, but not this much of a weapon unbalance. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but does anyone else seem to notice that? I get a lot of "WTF" when it happens, lol.

Overall, the game is great and needs a LOT of bugs to be fixed!

Superfly
12-06-04, 08:14 AM
agreed about the weapon balancing issues.

superklye
12-06-04, 08:37 AM
agreed about the weapon balancing issues.
I don't know how many times I've shot someone in the face 3 or 4 times with one of the shotgun only to get blown away by a shot in the face by a 9mm.

HOW CAN 3 SHOTS TO THE FACE FROM A SHOTGUN NOT KILL SOMEONE?!

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 08:40 AM
I do suggest optimizing your network settings for this game - use the net_graph 2 command to see how well your connection is doing - you are looking for as flat a bar as possible!!! with NO spikes!!!

I had HUGE spikes before optimization.

Good for you, I have zero spikes. I don't need to touch my settings, they are fine for me, never get a ping higher then 40 on the servers I play on.

The guns are balanced great, just need to know how to use them. If your unloading an entire clip into a single enemy then your using it wrong... Burst and single shots are how to shoot... If you just autofire the spray gets huge and you will miss almost all vital shots (You can get lucky).

I personally love the ability to shoot through doors and certain walls (not all walls can be shot through). It makes the game feel slightly more realistic without going R6 on us...

six_storm
12-06-04, 09:05 AM
The guns are balanced great, just need to know how to use them. If your unloading an entire clip into a single enemy then your using it wrong... Burst and single shots are how to shoot... If you just autofire the spray gets huge and you will miss almost all vital shots (You can get lucky).

I personally love the ability to shoot through doors and certain walls (not all walls can be shot through). It makes the game feel slightly more realistic without going R6 on us...

Well, here's how I look at it (sorry for the simplicity). I see an enemy, place my crosshairs ANYWHERE on him and fire. I don't have bad aim (unless I try to play at 3AM and I'm tired). Even watching other people fight after I'm dead, they can shoot 6-9 feet BESIDE the other person and still hit them. WTF? Btw, Hitboxes suck.

I've been playing CS:S since it's release and I'm just saying that there are a lot of things that aren't balanced. Like [H]ardOCP's article, CS:S is still BETA. I hope that Valve can take the time and fix these things because it is a great MP game. For the meantime, I'm pwning on HL2DM. (xmasgrin)

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 09:20 AM
What you see while dead is not what the current player see's, You aren't wathcing 100% realtime, there is a delay. As for you shooting when your crosshair is on a player... again shoot in single fire or bursts and you will always hit the person, Autofire is likes pratically turning around and firing at the wall insted.

Actually do that, load up the game and create a server, buy an M4 and unload a clip into the wall, you will see the spray pattern. The AK47 has a vertical spray due to the kick, you need to aim mainly for the groin if you plan on holding fire down.

Superfly
12-06-04, 09:37 AM
What you see while dead is not what the current player see's, You aren't wathcing 100% realtime, there is a delay. As for you shooting when your crosshair is on a player... again shoot in single fire or bursts and you will always hit the person, Autofire is likes pratically turning around and firing at the wall insted.

Actually do that, load up the game and create a server, buy an M4 and unload a clip into the wall, you will see the spray pattern. The AK47 has a vertical spray due to the kick, you need to aim mainly for the groin if you plan on holding fire down.

I always fire in bursts and or single fire mode and agree with what you are trying to say here, however I think your blind to some quite obvious issues in CS:S.

Hitboxes are rubbish - you can demo this by starting a server with just a friend and using different weapons on each other from different ranges etc.

also being shot through a concrete/stone wall is just lame and very unrealistic. - I do totally agree with being able to shoot through the wooden boxes etc though - that is a good thing!!

(xmassign2

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 09:37 AM
Here is a shot of the spray when the fire is held down...I was standing still, so you can image how worse it can be if I was moving...

M4 - Before
http://bellsouthpwp.net/T/h/TheClericBanton/de_dust0000.jpg
M4 - After
http://bellsouthpwp.net/T/h/TheClericBanton/de_dust0001.jpg

Ak47 - Before
http://bellsouthpwp.net/T/h/TheClericBanton/de_dust0002.jpg
AK47 - After
http://bellsouthpwp.net/T/h/TheClericBanton/de_dust0003.jpg

six_storm
12-06-04, 09:47 AM
Ok, I see what you mean. I'll have to try that out sometime. I still hate getting shot through a box and stuff like that, lol. Thanks egbtmagus.

|JuiceZ|
12-06-04, 10:35 AM
Well, here's how I look at it (sorry for the simplicity). I see an enemy, place my crosshairs ANYWHERE on him and fire. I don't have bad aim (unless I try to play at 3AM and I'm tired). Even watching other people fight after I'm dead, they can shoot 6-9 feet BESIDE the other person and still hit them. WTF? Btw, Hitboxes suck.

Always aim for the head no matter which gun you're using, it will always do the most damage. Also as mentioned before, also shoot in small burst. The AK47 for example has horrible accuracy but, can still quick lethal in medium range situations if fired in smaller bursts. It is of course extremely deadly at close range though.

jbirney
12-06-04, 02:01 PM
Yes the weapon aim is always hard to get use to. Once you get it though you can start to hold you own with any weapon. Crouching can help on the medium long shots to increase your accuracy. Of course there are still some balance issues (shotty too powerful at medium ranges, ect) to work on...

Pimp!
12-06-04, 04:46 PM
to answer the question in your screen shots JakUp - I use a sesitivity of 5.2 - I asume you mean mouse here???

I have a friend - a CS 1.6 verteran you uses 8.7!!

the sensitivity means nothing as it works with windows sensitivity too

so someone can have 8.7 in game while someone else has 1.2 and it would be the same...

Pimp!
12-06-04, 04:50 PM
also being shot through a concrete/stone wall is just lame and very unrealistic. - I do totally agree with being able to shoot through the wooden boxes etc though - that is a good thing!!

i take it you havent played previous versions of CS, back then you could shoot through ALOT more stuff than you can in source

only time you can shoot through the walls now is on its corners

|MaguS|
12-06-04, 08:56 PM
the sensitivity means nothing as it works with windows sensitivity too

so someone can have 8.7 in game while someone else has 1.2 and it would be the same...

No, If you turn off Mouse Acceleration in windows it will not effect the games settings. Trust me. In windows I have a High Sensitivity while in CS:S I have a very low one. Since I also use a High once in Splinter Cell, I can easily tell that they are not the same...

To make a full 360 turn in CS:S it takes me two sweep, litterly have to pick up the mouse to get more space to turn...

superklye
12-06-04, 09:02 PM
Yes the weapon aim is always hard to get use to. Once you get it though you can start to hold you own with any weapon. Crouching can help on the medium long shots to increase your accuracy. Of course there are still some balance issues (shotty too powerful at medium ranges, ect) to work on...
My roommate's brother can snipe with the 12 guage. I've been victim to it. He spent weeks figuring out the spray and the exact angle the gun needed to be at in order to get me right in my face from across the big open area on Aztec right through the door the terrorists come through. (sorry that was a ****ty explanation but it was the best I could do).

Ridiculous.

WeReWoLf
12-06-04, 09:18 PM
i like what they've done with the grenades though. I got hit in the face with one and i lost 5 health.

jbirney
12-07-04, 07:58 AM
My roommate's brother can snipe with the 12 guage. I've been victim to it. He spent weeks figuring out the spray and the exact angle the gun needed to be at in order to get me right in my face from across the big open area on Aztec right through the door the terrorists come through. (sorry that was a ****ty explanation but it was the best I could do).

Ridiculous.

Yeap I have seent he same thing as well. I do have to give props to the folks that have learned how to use the weapons to that degree... Just dose not make sense in the real world... :)