PDA

View Full Version : 66.93 + Dell 2001FP LCD 20.1 Inch Monitor + Video = Glitchy

Essobie
12-07-04, 12:56 AM
I've narrowed it down to the above topic as the culprit. Unfortunately there's no way I can see to take a screenshot of the issue, but basically it's like this:

Play a video in any media player available to XP users (Zoomplayer, MPC, VLC, WMP) and go into fullscreen mode on my LCD display and I get nasty tearing what appears to be every few lines. It seems like every few lines vertically, it takes a row of pixels and moves them back and forth along the row.

The image still flickers in this way whether it's playing or paused.

If I shrink the video down a few levels so it doesn't actually touch the edges of the screen, the tearing gets less serious until at a certain size it goes away entirely.

This does not happen if I fullscreen the same media player on my 19inch CRT (dual monitor setup). On the CRT I have no issues at all.

Thinking it was the monitor doing it, I rolled back to 61.77 as I didn't remember this happening on those drivers, and sure enough, using the older drivers I don't experience this issue at all. Picture is perfect at fullscreen with no shrink adjustment. This is fine for now as I'm done with HL2 for the moment, but it'd be nice to be able to use the latest drivers in case I want to play a mod or the like.

So my question is: has anyone else seen this issue? Is there another work around other than shrinking the video or using an older driver? I'd like to think that I could play some HL2DM if I was so inclined (although I likely won't be until someone makes a good mod for it) with the newest drivers.

I don't have a SIS chipset, so I don't feel good about snagging the 67+ drivers listed in the sticky thread.

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT 256
Pentium 4 2.4 533FSB
1GIG PC3200 RAM
Abit IS7 Motherboard
Windows XP Pro SP2
DirectX 9.0c
Latest Monitor drivers for both monitors (Dell 2001FP and ViewSonic A90f CRT)

zyklon69
12-07-04, 01:01 AM
Get the 67.02 drivers. I had the same problem. (mikec)

Essobie
12-07-04, 01:17 AM
Get the 67.02 drivers. I had the same problem. (mikec)

Rockin. Normally if it isn't on their front page I stay away from it, but I just reinstalled windows this afternoon so I figured I'd risk it. 67.02 work great. Thanks for the headsup!

Oh, and (xmasgrin)

iyos
12-07-04, 04:49 AM
If you go 67.02, be *sure* you use the Extreme G version (link in another thread), they improve image quality AND FPS, great set.