PDA

View Full Version : LOTR BFME glitch

Vapor Trail
12-07-04, 05:40 AM
Has anyone else picked up LOTR BFME yet?

I just got it yesterday and I'm having a problem. Whenever Gandalf uses his lightening sword the entire screen goes black for me except for the upper left hand corner of the screen. (using the 67.02 drivers.)

I guess I'll try another driver set or too to see if its just these drivers or others as well.

Electronic Punk
12-07-04, 09:38 AM
*envy*

Melhisedek
12-07-04, 10:51 AM
Man those are my favourite drivers! How did it went with others?

Vapor Trail
12-07-04, 11:22 AM
Man those are my favourite drivers! How did it went with others?

I won't know till I get home tonight to try another set. Its probably just a game bug though.

I was just checking to see if someone else had this problem before I went off on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what's causing it.

Fatman
12-07-04, 11:33 AM
I don't have the game yet, but its using the Sage engine, the same engine that powered Generals and Zero Hour. There was and to some extend still is a problem similar to what you are describing and it used to occur when shader effects were used on specific units. In Generals under Options there was a setting to disable heat effect, which was done using pixel shaders. Try looking under video settings for the same or similar feature and disable it. I'm fairly confident it will work.

Vapor Trail
12-07-04, 11:44 AM
I don't have the game yet, but its using the Sage engine, the same engine that powered Generals and Zero Hour. There was and to some extend still is a problem similar to what you are describing and it used to occur when shader effects were used on specific units. In Generals under Options there was a setting to disable heat effect, which was done using pixel shaders. Try looking under video settings for the same or similar feature and disable it. I'm fairly confident it will work.

Thanks!! I will definately try that and I think you are probably right because the Balroc was also causing this glitch so it sure sounds like it has something to do with a heat effect.

Needless to say the Gandalf vs Balroc battle was a bit of a chore last night since any time an effect was used the entire screen would disappear for a few seconds.

Ruined
12-07-04, 01:27 PM
so did this game end up using geometry instancing or not?

Vapor Trail
12-07-04, 05:13 PM
Well I'm having no luck solving this one. Heat effects off doesn't stop it, and I tried the 66.93 drivers as well and the glitch is still there.

I guess I'll probably have to wait for a patch for BFME. :(

edit: OK, well apparently if I turn AA off on my 6800GT the problem is gone. :(

You would think EA would do a better job of testing this kind of stuff. Pretty hard to believe that none of the testers had a 6800GT and tried to use AA.

I mean who would do that??????

(mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (mikec)

BladeRnR
12-08-04, 07:09 AM
Oh crap I was going to pick this up tomorrow (Comes out in Australia 09/12/04). I do remember the Heat Cannon bug that turned the screen black (Well picked up Fatman).

I really hope they fix this as I've been hanging for this game. Oh well no AA which is a pain since that's why we buy these powerful cards in the first place (6800GT in my case).

Cheers

K007
12-08-04, 08:50 AM
Isen't this game backed up by nvidia?