PDA

View Full Version : Bad stick of RAM!

DiscipleDOC
12-07-04, 08:43 AM
Yup...I found out why I SiSoft would crash on me whenever I did a memory benchmark--I got a bad stick of Corsair RAM!!!

Fortunately, Corsair agreed to replace this without any headaches. In fact, I gave them my credit card info, and they are going to send me the RAM before I send them the bad stick, so I won't be without a PC. On top of that, they are going to overnight me the RAM! Me am happy!!!! (xmasgrin) (xmasgrin)

For those that suspect that they have bad RAM: If you have 2 sticks, take out one of the sticks and run memtest to see if that's good. Repeat with the other stick. You will be able to test to see if you truly have a bad stick or not.

Riptide
12-07-04, 08:53 AM
Crap this seems to happen more often than it should.

Couple cases in point:
Both my buddy CurlySue (lurks here) and I purchased dual packs of Mushkin PC3200 Level2 (BH5). Both of us got a bad set and had to RMA.

I just got a second set of OCZ 3200EL for the new 3000+ (wife's computer/second folding box) and it refuses to run in dual channel. RMA time there as well.

Kinda strange... You would think this stuff should never be bad. After all it's tested before it gets packaged. Doesn't make sense.

DiscipleDOC
12-07-04, 09:35 AM
Crap this seems to happen more often than it should.

Couple cases in point:
Both my buddy CurlySue (lurks here) and I purchased dual packs of Mushkin PC3200 Level2 (BH5). Both of us got a bad set and had to RMA.

I just got a second set of OCZ 3200EL for the new 3000+ (wife's computer/second folding box) and it refuses to run in dual channel. RMA time there as well.
But the good news is that it's going to be replaced.

Kinda strange... You would think this stuff should never be bad. After all it's tested before it gets packaged. Doesn't make sense.
ROFL!!! Yea, right! (mikec)

DiscipleDOC
12-07-04, 01:09 PM
Ha! My RAM is here! I can't wait to get home and put those puppies through the ringer! (xmasgrin) (snow=D)