PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Blank Screenshots

jeffprom
12-07-04, 10:47 AM
Anyone else having problems, or know of issues regarding HL2 making blank screenshots. I've taken probably 100 screenshots, the first 6 or so worked, but after that they are all 21KB and if you open them they are just black. Really sucks.

Toss3
12-09-04, 04:04 PM
Anyone else having problems, or know of issues regarding HL2 making blank screenshots. I've taken probably 100 screenshots, the first 6 or so worked, but after that they are all 21KB and if you open them they are just black. Really sucks.

Maybe the doom3 engine snuck into your hl2 folder? :hmmm:

einstein_314
12-09-04, 07:59 PM
I personally don't use the in game screenshot command. FRAPS is the way to go.

Erilis
01-31-06, 08:54 PM
This was a huge and annoying problem for me too. And I understand how hard it is to find help for this problem. I contacted Steam about a week ago and still didn't get a reply. (throwpc) But I actually finally got it solved (no thanks to Steam). All I did was update my video card driver. Steam didn't help much in telling me my problem, but this help forum for Deus Ex: Invisible War did help me: http://helpdesk.gamehelper.com/ . I was having a problem with Deus Ex: Invisible War that was a result of my video card driver as well. Hope this helps! (nana2)

Erilis
01-31-06, 08:58 PM
This was a huge and annoying problem for me too. And I understand how hard it is to find help for this problem. I contacted Steam about a week ago and still didn't get a reply. (throwpc) But I actually finally got it solved (no thanks to Steam). All I did was update my video card driver. This help forum for Deus Ex: Invisible War let me know what was wrong: http://helpdesk.gamehelper.com/ . I was having a problem with Deus Ex: Invisible War that was a result of my video card driver as well. Hope this helps! (nana2)