PDA

View Full Version : Who is looking forward to Gothic III?

stubby
12-07-04, 05:59 PM
Gothic 2 easily the best RPG ever created. Can't wait till Gothic 3!!!!!

Arioch
12-07-04, 06:19 PM
Gothic 2 easily the best RPG ever created. Can't wait till Gothic 3!!!!!

Ultima 7

Zelda_fan
12-07-04, 08:42 PM
*raises hand*

EciDemon
12-07-04, 10:28 PM
w00t there's an Gothic 3 comming ?
:D

superklye
12-07-04, 10:39 PM
Ultima 7
Planescape: Torment or BG2.

Ninja Prime
12-07-04, 10:53 PM
Never played the first Gothic, and I went out and bought Gothic 2 just to kill some time and because it was only $15. I was amazed at the kind of game it was, and why I'd never really heard of it before.

IMO, Gothic 2 is the best fully 3rd RPG of all time. It's sad that its kind of unknown simply because it doesn't have some big game ruining moron distributer like EA or Infogrammes(vendui or whatever) behind it.

I can't wait for Gothic 3.

Zelda_fan
12-07-04, 11:15 PM
you should really play gothic 1. It is great too. I heard that Gothic 3 will have a world 3 times the size of Gothic 2, and facial animations better than Hl2.

SH64
12-07-04, 11:15 PM
Gothic what ??

EciDemon
12-07-04, 11:48 PM
Gothic what ??

You really should try those games

They are really great!
Quite unknown but still very good.

The only bad thing about those games really is the voice acting, some times it's really off, but it dosent matter that much.

|MaguS|
12-08-04, 12:13 AM
Gothic series is ok but both releases had horrible control scheme's and were buggy as hell... hopefully they learned some with the release of those two games...

stubby
12-08-04, 02:09 AM
controls? the controls were completely customisable in Gothic 2. Even at default settings they were absolutely perfect after u played for about 30 mins

SlamDunk
12-08-04, 04:55 AM
o/

Gothic III is easily the number one game on my most wanted games list. Has been for quite a while. Even Half-Life 2 was on the second spot.

I first got to know Gothic by playing the english demo in 2001. I was simply blow away by it. Then I bought the english version of Gothic as soon as it was released and found out that it was the best 3rd person action/adventure/RPG game that I had ever played. Then in 2003 the english version of Gothic II was released and it was as good as the original, if not better (can't really say because I love both games so much).

The Gothic games are awesome singleplayer experiences with a good continuing story. Only Outcast can somewhat compete with the Gothic series.

Yuet
12-08-04, 08:02 AM
Have both Gothic I and II but never get the time to finish it (xmastong) but do not mind for Gothic III to come along.

Nuvian
12-08-04, 09:05 AM
gothic 2 was indeed 1 of the best SP RPGs ever created,hopefully the 3rd will be as good :)

Vagrant Zero
12-08-04, 02:39 PM
Pics?

SlamDunk
12-08-04, 04:15 PM
No pics of Gothic 3 yet but here's the first video showing off the new scavenger:

http://www.torgedellert.de/scavenger.rar

It's a low quality ShakyCam™ clip but worth a download. The model, shadows and animation look great.

Zelda_fan
12-08-04, 07:35 PM
Gothic series is ok but both releases had horrible control scheme's and were buggy as hell... hopefully they learned some with the release of those two games...

the controls have a slight learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, they really give you a lot more control in combat.

EciDemon
12-08-04, 08:15 PM
Hey your ruining the mood here!
;)

facade
12-08-04, 08:27 PM
No pics of Gothic 3 yet but here's the first video showing off the new scavenger:

http://www.torgedellert.de/scavenger.rar

It's a low quality ShakyCam™ clip but worth a download. The model, shadows and animation look great.

Here's a slightly better version of that clip -

http://www.worldofgothic.com/?go=dlfile&fileid=36

PaiN
12-08-04, 10:07 PM
Gothic series is ok but both releases had horrible control scheme's and were buggy as hell...
Agreed....I gave up playing because these things drove me mad. So I can't say I'm looking forward to another Gothic. :|

SlamDunk
12-15-04, 11:44 AM
Gothic III Officially Announced

http://press.jowood.com/html/News/news_details.php?id=272&title=NEWS&bereich=61

Rottenmann, Austria, 14th of December 2004: JoWooD Productions continues its successful cooperation with the German developer Piranha Bytes by publishing one of the most spectacular titles of the coming year: Gothic III, the third part of the legendary RPG saga. "Being listed in all major 'most wanted' charts across Europe, Gothic III is the top title of the coming year. To publish a game with such popularity, potential and quality, is a great chance for us to push a world-wide known brand even further" ,comments Andreas Tobler, CEO of JoWooD Productions Software AG. JoWooD Productions takes this chance and will try to break RPG selling records of the past!

:headbang: :nana:

CaptNKILL
12-15-04, 12:00 PM
I really wish they would go back to the other games and redo the controls completely and release a patch. I remember playing the demos and being totaly frustrated because most of the time things just didnt work.

I loved the setting, but I just couldnt stand playing the demos so I just passed on buying the Gothic games.

If they redo the controls, I'll probably play this one. If not, I'll probably skip it as well.