PDA

View Full Version : ATI HDR and Other fixes in HL2?

Pages : [1] 2

Lfctony
12-08-04, 12:00 PM
This is from a french website:

Description: Patch carried out by Knyz and intended for all platforms (ATI and nVidia, AMD and INTEL).

List improvements:

- Activation of the HDR For all the compatible [CARDS]
- New performances for geforces 6/FX
- Better management of the shaders for geforce fx
- Compatible DX9 all Chart FX (except 5200/5500/5600)
- Support ATI hdr
- New management of [WATER]
- Activation of the parallax mapping
- removed Stutering
- Optimization for the processors amd and INTEL
- white Line removed

http://www.radeonthetop.com/n/Patch_Half_Life_II_by_Knyz_maj,777-0.html

Forum thread:
http://www.radeonthetop.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190007004&st=0

PeterJensen
12-08-04, 12:01 PM
like i will install some unofficial patch...

CaptNKILL
12-08-04, 12:15 PM
Heh, I'll let someone else try this out first :p

If this guy actually did manage to do that stuff, he should be hired by valve.

It's soooo tempting... but its also really small. Its probably a program that steals your Steam CD Key.

Lfctony
12-08-04, 12:23 PM
I'm monitoring the original Steampowered thread. It extracts to 11MB, I'll just wait and see.

|JuiceZ|
12-08-04, 12:24 PM
Its probably a program that steals your Steam CD Key.

.and bans your Steam acct, heh.

SH64
12-08-04, 12:26 PM
Thats sounds to be the best patch to be released for a game ever ! :p

No way ! (mikec)

Lfctony
12-08-04, 12:30 PM
Let people experiment first! (xmasgrin)

Edge
12-08-04, 12:36 PM
Interesting...but I don't feel like being a guinee pig today. Definatly keeping an eye on it though...HDR in Half-life 2 :drooling:

Lfctony
12-08-04, 12:38 PM
Let the Steam forum lurkers experiment. (xmassign)

superklye
12-08-04, 12:42 PM
I just know this'll ban your account when you are discovered to be using it. heh.

CaptNKILL
12-08-04, 12:42 PM
Well I just tried it, it just adds some extra DLLs for the graphics. I didnt notice any stutter when I just played (only for about 10 minutes though), and It seemed a little smoother. I cant say I noticed any graphical differences but I didnt really look (Im supposed to be busy doing other things, but I just HAD to try this).

Seems like it might be legit, but I guess we wont know for a few days after a lot of people test it.

CaptNKILL
12-08-04, 12:47 PM
Also, I dont think this is anything anyone will be banned for. I used a (bad) translator on the forum linked in the first post and its really just a simple graphics mod someone made using the SDK. Nothing was hacked and there dont appear to be any cheats or anything else imbeded in the program. The installer just extracts a few files and only overwrites an CFG file which tells the game to use the 2 new DLL files this guy made (which are clearly marked with his name). So nothing is permanently modified by this patch.

Lfctony
12-08-04, 12:49 PM
I agree, it's not like you're cheating or anything. I'm waiting on usefulness from the good people over at the steam forums. :)

aAv7
12-08-04, 01:00 PM
who else has the balls to try it? (snow=D)

superklye
12-08-04, 02:01 PM
I'm too scared to try. I spent $80 on that POS Collector's Edition and I don't want that taken away from me!

Edge
12-08-04, 03:05 PM
I'm too scared to try. I spent $80 on that POS Collector's Edition and I don't want that taken away from me!

Haha, I know how that feels.

PikachuMan
12-08-04, 05:48 PM
Sigh...I've seen this site before advertising nvidia drivers..
Here's what I got on that page.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/PikachuMan/popups2.jpg

That link on the front page is now giving me 9930 popups.
Going to that site a second time results in no popups being attempted.

Morrow
12-08-04, 06:51 PM
I'm monitoring the original Steampowered thread. It extracts to 11MB, I'll just wait and see.

Looks like valve has deleted the original thread at the steam forums. Way to go valve!

Edge
12-08-04, 07:01 PM
Haha, god, the mods on the Steampowered forum really are...is it OK to call people Nazis? Or would the mods here prefer I refrain from that ;)

WeReWoLf
12-08-04, 07:05 PM
no i'm pretty sure you can accuse valve of being Nazi's on here.

wickfut
12-08-04, 07:16 PM
cannot notice anything different at all with the mods to be honest

??????

CaptNKILL
12-08-04, 07:19 PM
Well if the Steam mods deleted it, so will I. They may be Nazis, but if theres enough reason for them to delete a forum thread, then theirs probably something questionable about the patch.

wickfut
12-08-04, 07:42 PM
they prob deleted it because its not an official update and therfore unsupported.

superklye
12-08-04, 08:11 PM
they prob deleted it because its not an official update and therfore unsupported.
I dunno if that warrants deleting it...more like a post saying "THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL AND VALVe DOES NOT SUPPORT IT. USE AT OWN RISK." etc

Edge
12-08-04, 09:05 PM
I've seen them delete some things on the Steampowered forums for pretty screwy reasons, supposedly they deleted a 300+ post thread about the cd being required to be in the drive to play because ONE person mentioned a that there was a crack for the game :retard: