PDA

View Full Version : NFSU2 Help

DJMONDY
12-09-04, 05:05 AM
Ive been playing nfsu2 for about a week now and im abit stuck.

Theres no more races on the map to go to and no more cars to race and i havnt got everything available in the game yet.

Ive upgraded everything thats available to me and ive found some hidden shops and races but still nothing happens.

Am i missing something??

Cheers (xmassign)

Shamrock
12-09-04, 07:14 AM
you need to upgrade to the next reputation, for instance...

you have 1.6 rep. you need to get to 2 to get more races. how you do this? buy VISUAL upgrades.

I have had to restart all over and I had finished stage 2 :(

DJMONDY
12-09-04, 07:43 AM
I have put on all the visual upgrades available to me.

The only thing that i havnt done is a race where some guys calls you and says theres a race near by but isnt sure of its location and that i shouldnt have trouble finding it?? But i cant find it!!

I think he beeps me by hotel plaza.

Any ideas??

Thanks

r2d2d3d4d5
12-09-04, 09:57 AM
I have put on all the visual upgrades available to me.

The only thing that i havnt done is a race where some guys calls you and says theres a race near by but isnt sure of its location and that i shouldnt have trouble finding it?? But i cant find it!!

I think he beeps me by hotel plaza.

Any ideas??

Thanks

The guy who beeps you probably wants to race (the orange cars on the map). I don't think you need to complete the hidden races to progress though.

Make you sure you visit every shop you can find. When you first visit a shop things sometimes get unlocked.

Have a look at the stats page (F4-?). That will tell what you need to complete to move on to the next stage.

DJMONDY
12-09-04, 10:16 AM
Cheers guys (cheers)

DJMONDY
12-10-04, 04:28 AM
Hi again

I did everything lastnight from the advice you gave me and it worked perfect.

Now ive had a message saying that the garage wants their car back and that im not to race anymore until i do??

I did go to a garage but im not sure if im supposed to buy a different car or what?

Im currently using a focus and im only 12% through the game according to my stats when i press F4.

Anymore tips you can give me

Shamrock
12-10-04, 08:34 AM
yes,

dont buy cars often, because when you sell your old cars with the hopups on it, you get back a STOCK car, with nothing but a gas mileage sticker! :p

six_storm
01-06-05, 04:05 PM
Sorry to bring back this old thing, but how do you unlock the Skyline and the Wide Body Kits? I tried to do the 11 Outruns in Stage 5 but that didn't work. Also, people are saying that you just have to beat the game but that's a total lie. Any takers?

PikachuMan
01-06-05, 05:55 PM
Sorry to bring back this old thing, but how do you unlock the Skyline and the Wide Body Kits? I tried to do the 11 Outruns in Stage 5 but that didn't work. Also, people are saying that you just have to beat the game but that's a total lie. Any takers?

When you beat the game, everything is unlocked, including Widebody kits, and I guess the Skyline would be too.

Outruns don't unlock anything other than uniques, I think I got some widebody kit through them, but you can't get them at shops.

Now ive had a message saying that the garage wants their car back and that im not to race anymore until i do??
From what I've read on walkthroughs, that is a bug.

six_storm
01-06-05, 07:06 PM
I've beat the game and I still don't have the Skyline or Widebody Kits. WTF? I got the same message about "Get me my car back!". What's the deal? I patched the game before I even played it. I do still have a few more races on my Map to complete but that shouldn't matter. I've got about $170,000!

DJMONDY
01-07-05, 02:20 AM
Dont worry about the "Get me my car back!" message, I ignored it and nothing bad happened so it must be a bug like PikachuMan said.

If its like the first NFSU then from what i can remember you have to fully complete the game (100%) before you get wode body kits but i might be wrong.

Im only 69% complete at the moment and ive just unlocked the final part of the world you race in.
Its really annoying as you HAVE to upgrade your car to every visual upgrade that comes available to you to progress in the game and some of the upgrades are utter rubbish and make your car look like crap.

Ive just upgraded to the carbon bodykits to progress and i personally dont like them as my car looks weird with half perselant spray and half carbon. The only parts of my car that arnt carbon is the doors and the roof.

Does anyone know when it will unlock the extreme 3 packages like turbos and nos??

Cheers

Tr1cK
01-07-05, 12:50 PM
Im not sure about wide body kits, but Im 3/4 way thru and have the Skyline. It was unlocked after a URL as usual.

six_storm
01-07-05, 03:40 PM
Im not sure about wide body kits, but Im 3/4 way thru and have the Skyline. It was unlocked after a URL as usual.

Wow, my last unlocked car was the WRX.

six_storm
01-13-05, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know where the saved profiles and saved games are located in the NFSU2 folder? I'm about to reformat!

Tr1cK
01-13-05, 02:46 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\Tr1cK\Local Settings\Application Data\NFS Underground 2

Thats where mine are.

six_storm
01-13-05, 04:38 PM
Thanks tr1ck. I just did something incredibly stupid though. Before burning all my saved games and stuff onto a CD, I went a ahead and reformatted my PC. How smart was that?! ARghhhH I'm so pissed. Oh well. Thanks again.

r2d2d3d4d5
01-13-05, 04:51 PM
Thanks tr1ck. I just did something incredibly stupid though. Before burning all my saved games and stuff onto a CD, I went a ahead and reformatted my PC. How smart was that?! ARghhhH I'm so pissed. Oh well. Thanks again.

Did you do a full format or a quick format? If it was just a quick format then it's probably worth looking around the internet to see if there are any recovery tools (it might worth giving it a try even if you did a full format).

six_storm
01-13-05, 04:58 PM
No, I did a full format. My PC was acting really weird and I've been needing to upgrade from Home to Pro anyways. Oh well. :(

john19055
01-14-05, 03:17 AM
You need to out run the racers on each stage ,really easy when you get on highway 27 or the main highway that goes all the way around where there is no big turns so it pretty easy to win the outruns,hard to win all them when raceing in the city.And if you have missed some races in some of the stages ,Go to the garage and then go to the world map and find the races that you have missed and when the race starts hit the ESC key and restart the race and then you will win the money for that race,To me that is the only way to get a %100 in your completion of the game,and don't forget to race your SUV races. NFSUG 2 is one of my favorite games can't wait for NFSUG 3.

DJMONDY
01-14-05, 03:55 AM
Ive finished the final race in the game and its said ive completed it but im only on 92% and i havnt got the wide bodykits in career mode only in quick race mode?

Do i have to race the other racers on the map to get to 100%?????

Ive gone to the world map and all levels are complete.

john19055
01-16-05, 03:02 PM
I went to the world map and raced the ones I missed and got to a %100,but don't forget to race the suv races that only show up when you are driveing one of the SUV's and if you want wide body kits in career mode on the last stage you need to out run 11 racers.