PDA

View Full Version : Last drivers with working profiles/digital vibe

Vapor Trail
12-10-04, 02:24 AM
What are the last drivers with working application profiles and digital vibrance??? 65.73's maybe???

I've tried 70.90, 67.03, and 66.93 and they don't work properly on any of them.

I know because I've created a profile for LOTR BFME with AA turned off and it never turns AA off unless I use the global setting.

digivibe hasn't worked in quite a while.

WTF is going on with the drivers lately... seems there are some forgotten features that keep getting broken.

:(

OWA
12-10-04, 03:16 AM
What are the last drivers with working application profiles and digital vibrance??? 65.73's maybe???

I've tried 70.90, 67.03, and 66.93 and they don't work properly on any of them.

I know because I've created a profile for LOTR BFME with AA turned off and it never turns AA off unless I use the global setting.

digivibe hasn't worked in quite a while.

WTF is going on with the drivers lately... seems there are some forgotten features that keep getting broken.

:(
I'm pretty sure the profiles and digital vibrance are working in most of them...at least for me they are. I know for sure they both work in the 70.90s since those are the drivers I'm currently using. I just created a profile for the FlatOut demo, set the AA to 8xS and the digital vibrance to maximum so things would be obvious and it worked fine.

There is one weird thing though. When you click apply, it clears your settings so that it looks like it's not being saved but it actually is. If you close the CP and then bring it back up, you'll see your settings are saved. That has been the case for a while.

BTW, for setting the digital vibrance, I created a color profile called max DV that had the digital vibrance set to maximum and in the profile for FlatOut, selected the max DV color profile. That worked.

Are you sure it isn't a specific game issue?

Vapor Trail
12-10-04, 03:58 AM
It might be specific to BFME I suppose. Weird. I'll try a few more apps and see if it works. LOTR BFME is the only game that I don't use 4xaa/8xaf on.

xtatdsm
12-10-04, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the profiles and digital vibrance are working in most of them...at least for me they are. I know for sure they both work in the 70.90s since those are the drivers I'm currently using. I just created a profile for the FlatOut demo, set the AA to 8xS and the digital vibrance to maximum so things would be obvious and it worked fine.

true my friend, but, here is the sad part. everything works great after you set it into your game profile (AA+AF+color profile) right? try restarting your computer, then play the same game again, your AA+AF settings will work fine, but the color profile will not (digital vibrance) will not take an effect in the game after a simple restart. sad but true, I don't know why but I was never able to find a driver that would keep the damn color profile effective even after a restart. the color profile will work again if you reapply the color profile settings again.

here is what I mean, make a color profile and name it whatever you want, make sure you have your brightness either too dark or bright. go and apply that to whatever game you play, the color profile will work just fine (the game will look too dark or to bright depending on how you had it set) so far so good right, ok now restart the PC and play the same game again, the color profile will not be effective anymore (not too dark nor too bright) that's what I mean.

OWA
12-10-04, 05:16 PM
true my friend, but, here is the sad part. everything works great after you set it into your game profile (AA+AF+color profile) right? try restarting your computer, then play the same game again, your AA+AF settings will work fine, but the color profile will not (digital vibrance) will not take an effect in the game after a simple restart. sad but true, I don't know why but I was never able to find a driver that would keep the damn color profile effective even after a restart. the color profile will work again if you reapply the color profile settings again.
Yep, you're right. I just tried my flatout profile and DV didn't work until I reselected it. Now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing people complain about that in some of the other driver versions as well.

Edit: Looks like the only way I can get DV to stick is to change it in the color correction menu so it is set for everything (desktop, games, etc.).

xtatdsm
12-11-04, 07:01 AM
yeah that's true. but would not you love nvidia even more if they could get this option to work right? man would not it be so cool to have different color profile for every game you have (don't tell me all games look good with one color profile setting) :)

I guess we will just have to wait :(

OWA
12-11-04, 09:12 AM
yeah that's true. but would not you love nvidia even more if they could get this option to work right? man would not it be so cool to have different color profile for every game you have (don't tell me all games look good with one color profile setting) :)

I guess we will just have to wait :(
Heh, I don't actually use DV / color profiles but I would like the feature to work as it is supposed to in case I do want to use it at some point. I'd definitely want to be able to set it per game and not have to use global settings.