PDA

View Full Version : battle for middle earth - help

mfrivera2003
12-10-04, 02:16 PM
When I play dawn of war all the graphics are set to high and it runs smooth. When I play B4ME ( on medium graphics settings) the single player game lags. This is the 1st dvd game i've tried ... could it be the dvd player or another upgrade needed. Any advice to my first post is greatly appreciated .. thx

P4 2.5Ghz (533FSB)
1.5 GB Ram
PNY 6800GT (OC 400/110) 66.77 drvs
SB Audigy Live
DVD 12x
Soyo Dragon 2 Plus MB
(2) Maxtor 40 GB HD's 7200 RPM
Widows XP Pro (SP2)

Vagrant Zero
12-10-04, 02:35 PM
BFME comes on DVD?!

If it does I'm buying it today. I support DVD games.

stncttr908
12-10-04, 04:01 PM
It installs the entire thing to your HDD, doesn't it? If not, do the full install. I haven't done an install that loads files off of the game disc during gameplay in years.

Gaco
12-10-04, 04:35 PM
Just FYI, I play it in ultra-high detail, 1600*1200 totally and 100% smooth, so you do have a problem alright ;)

Have you tried ejecting the DVD while playing? It doesn't need the DVD in game as far as I'm concerned (but perhaps between missions), anyway you should try that. Which drivers are you using?

T-Spoon
12-10-04, 05:49 PM
I'm having kind of like the same problem. In singleplayer my fps drops to 1 every 2 or 3 minutes and continues to stay at 1fps for half a minute. I've turned off all programs running in the background, but it doesn't matter cause I still have the prob even if I turn down the graphics.

The game auto-detects the settings and puts it to high quality on my 2 year old R9700Pro. It runs at a steady 30 fps all the time except for those weird fps drops.

PSYCHODAD
12-11-04, 02:26 AM
Just FYI, I play it in ultra-high detail, 1600*1200 totally and 100% smooth, so you do have a problem alright ;)

Have you tried ejecting the DVD while playing? It doesn't need the DVD in game as far as I'm concerned (but perhaps between missions), anyway you should try that. Which drivers are you using?
That's the same resolution I'm using and the game plays great. Had to disable aa tho. (snowcool)

mfrivera2003
12-11-04, 07:22 AM
I'll give that a try and let you know... thx fellaz

mfrivera2003
12-12-04, 09:23 PM
Game still lags with AA and AF off?? any other ideas?

PSYCHODAD
12-13-04, 12:27 AM
I have another comp that has an older 2mb cache Maxtor HD. It sometimes has trouble playing current games even though it has the same processor as my sig comp. Is it possible that might be the prob? (xmastree)

Zolden
12-13-04, 06:05 PM
Got this game the other day, on full settings with everything maxed the game is pretty smooth. I've had very few times when framerate starts to drop, and that was mainly only on certain maps like Helm's Deep or Minas Tirith when there's literally tons of enemies on the map.

The multiplayer on the other hand was flat out terrible, so I've since gave up on it. (Very mediocre multiplay anyway...)

PSYCHODAD
12-14-04, 01:59 AM
Got this game the other day, on full settings with everything maxed the game is pretty smooth. I've had very few times when framerate starts to drop, and that was mainly only on certain maps like Helm's Deep or Minas Tirith when there's literally tons of enemies on the map.

The multiplayer on the other hand was flat out terrible, so I've since gave up on it. (Very mediocre multiplay anyway...)
I really enjoy the skirmishes, gonna try some multiplayer out on a lan connection soon. (xmasmile)