PDA

View Full Version : Can you use Bluetooth to share an internet connection?

Chazam
12-11-04, 02:55 AM
I have a problem with my Brothers PC and mine not networking using ehternet. I've tried about 4 or 5 different network card's and cables but they just wont connect. The network cards and cables work fine in any other computer tho. (Connected to my PC, but not his)
I have a bluetooth dongle already for my PC and was wondering if i got another BT dongle if i could share an internet connection between 2 PC's with BT?
This is the cheapest option i have to network them. I know that the bandwith won't be fantastic and the range is low but the PC's are about 3 metres apart and i don't need the range of a wireless network.
Any help would be much appreciated! :)

ynnek
12-12-04, 10:40 PM
The easiest way to solve this problem, is go out to the store, and buy a $10 to $60 NAT router with uPnP support.

And if it has port stealthing, you get a good first line of defense to scanners.

If you host games services, there's a little more work involved, basically you have to port forward to one computer... However, this is only for hosting.. If your just the client, you shouldn't have any problems...