PDA

View Full Version : Any Windows XP 64 drivers with LOD Clamp?

Pandora's Box
12-11-04, 10:04 AM
Im debating whether or not to install Windows XP 64 when I receive my processor and mobo on monday. I have all other drivers and there are windows 64 nvidia graphics drivers available, im just wondering if there are any with the LOD clamp.

saturnotaku
12-11-04, 10:12 AM
Im debating whether or not to install Windows XP 64 when I receive my processor and mobo on monday. I have all other drivers and there are windows 64 nvidia graphics drivers available, im just wondering if there are any with the LOD clamp.

XP-64 is pretty useless at this point. Any games that you can manage to run will run slower than their 32-bit counterparts. It'll probably be at least 2006 until a 64-bit OS becomes even the least bit practical.

wEEt
12-11-04, 10:16 AM
Yeah, games (applications...whatever) based on the 64 bit technology won't come in the next few months, I guess. And now, as he said, everything runs even slower than 32 bit windows and games.
And there aren't any 64 bit driver with that lod bias setting.

Pandora's Box
12-11-04, 10:24 AM
ok will just stick with windows xp.

Demanufakture
12-11-04, 11:08 AM
ok will just stick with windows xp.

Smart move. I have an AMD64 also but I am going to wait until Windows XP 64 is up and running at faster speeds than 32bit programs. I am looking forward to the 64bit version of Farcry. I read a while back after the 1.3 patch that the 64bit farcry will most likely feature some of the cool stuff we saw at geforce 6800 launch event like the rocky beach. (cheers)

zoomy942
12-11-04, 11:31 AM
i installed windows xp 64 bit about a month ago and i used it for a week. it was okay. my games werent noticabely slower, but i know i was loosing some FPS due to the 64 bit 32 bit conversion. the thing was, how many driver updates have we had since the tech preview of windows xp 64 bit came out? 2 i think, maybe 3. i wasnt comfortable with that because as Nvidia's driver teams see new games coming out, they release newer drivers. you dont have that advantage with 64-bit drivers, they arent updated enough.