PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX-1000 (If you own/owned one, come in)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr. Hunt
12-11-04, 05:03 PM
Well... I have an old Microsoft mouse that I have been using for years... it is showing its age and it is getting worse and worse. I am in need of a new mouse that is more precise and everything and the MX-1000 is seeming like my #1 choice (although I wish they had a corded version).

I was wanting to know from people who have used it, is it worth the 80 bucks? I have seen some people having problems with it... but I wanted to hear what you guys have to say about it because I am getting tired of dying in games because my mouse suddenly looks down or up for no reason :\.

Thanks.

Rytr
12-11-04, 06:20 PM
I like the MX700 and the MX1000 claims to be even better. If you want a corded mouse the MX510 is good.

jolle
12-11-04, 06:50 PM
read a user review that the sensor shuts down when you lift it up to reposition it, and then there is a slight delay before it kicks in again, which he thought was very annoying in First Person Shooters and such..
Havent tried one myself, love my MX700 tho..

My Advice is to find a computer store that has one on demo and try it out yourself, cause one important factor that no review can tell you is how well it fits your hand, and if you like the wieght or not.
Cordless mice with batteries weigh a bit more, I like it but some dont.

oldsk00l
12-11-04, 08:52 PM
I demo'd it at a sam's club and at a computer shop. I'll be sticking w/my MX700 for now. I love it to death.

Sazar
12-11-04, 09:11 PM
I am seriously thinking bout this mouse or the razer version...

using the mx1000 in-store, it has a lovely feel though I do prefer the placement of the thumb-buttons on my boomslang...

/me shrugs

I might wait and see if there is a revised/bluetooth version that comes soon...

TheHelpful1
12-11-04, 09:19 PM
I upgraded from the mx700 to the mx1000. While i do miss the multi-button being on the top (now on the side) and it's ability to be binded to open Explorer (neutered with the software to do anything BUT open explorer), it is however MUCH more sensitive than the mx700.

Picture this: Take a laser pointer and point it at the wall. Notice how it doesnt stay perfectly still, but rather follows those minute hand movements of yours? That's how sensitive/responsive this mouse is. I often see my cursor move around on the screen like it's having cold chills. This is NOT a bad factor, especially in FPS games where I get pin-point accuracy :)

About the only downside I see is that I can't change the lith-ion battery myself. Which sucks but logitech has some X-year warranty on replacement, i forgot how long.

But for $80...eh..maybe for some. I've seen it lower and got mine for $60 pre-rebate or anything.

Clay
12-11-04, 09:27 PM
I have both the MX700 and the MX1000. I use the MX700 at home and on one of my workstations at the office. I have the MX1000 on my primary workstation at the office as well.

I can tell you that if I had to pay for the MX1000 myself I would consider it overpriced. Don't get me wrong (especially the larger thumb-rest area), I like the MX1000 but it's not $20~$30 better than the MX700 IMO. I've not gamed with the MX1000 so consider that. However, I've never had any qualms gaming with my MX700 to begin with. :)

One issue that I had with my previous MX700 at work (which is why I picked out the MX1000 to replace it with) is that it would occasionally skip or the pointer would be at the far left edge of the screen at random times. This has gone away for the most part with the MX1000 (no skipping at all) but it will still do the left edge of the screen jump at times albeit it much less often.

Hope that helps! :cool:

Mr. Hunt
12-11-04, 10:03 PM
Hmmm... it sounds like it is good... I may just buy it tomorrow. Right now I have some microsoft optical mouse that is getting to be a few years old now... and in games where I have to turn really fast my current mouse will just look up or down for no reason, which is why I want to replace it with something more accurate and blah blah blah.

jAkUp
12-11-04, 10:42 PM
I got one of these for my dad for x-mas... hopefully he likes it :) (he's not a gamer :))

Dazz
12-12-04, 07:36 AM
I gone from my MX500 / MS eplorer 3.0 wireless to this and i can say for a wireless mouse it utterly kicks ass. It is far better then my MX500 and the MS wireless mouse doesn't even come close. This thing acts like a wired mouse and is very reponsive.

PaiN
12-12-04, 07:49 AM
Mr. Hunt.....If you want a corded mouse, why not go with an Logi MX510???
imo...its the best mouse for EVERYTHING, I have ever used....unbeatable percision, perfect comfort and extra buttons that really work in games(+ a programing interface)
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=26-104-151&depa=0

Riptide
12-12-04, 09:32 AM
I agree 510 is a great mouse.

FWIW, I had a 700 and I never even once noticed it hanging up or pausing in games like people say. That would happen in Windows @ a 2D desktop if you let it sit there motion less for a while. But in a FPS where your'e pretty much constantly swiveling around and moving it was never a problem for me.

jolle
12-12-04, 01:22 PM
I agree 510 is a great mouse.

FWIW, I had a 700 and I never even once noticed it hanging up or pausing in games like people say.

Its the MX1000 that is said to do that, power down the sensor when you lift it to reposition it (when it looses track of surface) and then its supposedly has a small delay before it starts up again.
MX700 doesnt do that, I have one myself.
Dont know that is just the way the MX1000 is, or if it was a faulty unit, havent tried one myself.

oldsk00l
12-12-04, 01:30 PM
I dunno, but the precision of the MX1000 is in question because it is wireless. Not that the logitech wireless tech is not the most complete and total pwnage of any corded mouse I've ever seen (except the highest end corded razers).

It's just that nothing felt different for me going from mx700 to MX1000. My MX700 has been so utterly precise that I tried freeciv at 1600x1200 and it was precise enough to click on individual units (the kernel scales mouse resolution/sensitivity for you in Linux) and man...that's quite the treat. If you want to get into accuracy issues, maybe at an unnoticeable level it is *technically* more accurate but not enough to a degree to give an edge or feel any different unless you go to some insane resolution and try to select units only 5 pixels big.

I think it's a good step though, not to discount that. But to me, after demoing it, the whole laser thing just seems a bit more marketing than actual improvement.

Ergonomically there may be merit, but in technology I don't feel it.

Nutty
12-12-04, 02:00 PM
I emailed logitech and told them to make a corded version of the MX1000. Heres hoping.. :)
Until then my MX510 does me proud.

Mr. Hunt
12-12-04, 02:03 PM
Well... I just got back from Best Buy and went ahead and bought it. I haven't played any games with it yet (I will test in a few minutes)... but this thing is freaking awesome so far. Keep in mind I am coming from a few year old optical so it might not be as big a difference to some of you... but this thing is precise and it has to be the most comfortable mouse EVER (for right handed people anyway ;)).

I will edit this post after I do some game testing.

Dazz
12-12-04, 07:14 PM
No need for a corded one the wireless is almost perfect, i havn't noticed a delay when lifting the mouse ever, and the mouse takes longer to power down then optical mice, also the battary lasts 21 (full) without recharge.

Mr. Hunt
12-12-04, 10:10 PM
Yeah... been playing Counter Strike Source quite a bit... I like the mouse... it is very smooth and everything, but it is taking some getting used to.

SH64
12-12-04, 10:17 PM
I'm planning on getting the MX1000 but not decided yet .
i like my current MX700 very much ! so the MX1000 should be even better .. my problem though is only in the "financial" side (xmastong)

Clay
12-12-04, 10:20 PM
I'm planning on getting the MX1000 but not decided yet .
i like my current MX700 very much ! so the MX1000 should be even better .. my problem though is only in the "financial" side (xmastong)
Just my $0.02... If you like your MX700 so much (as we all do it seems), then I would save yourself the extra $ and just wait for the MX1000 to go on sale or something. It really isn't worth the extra $ IMO. I know what it's like to have $ burning a hole in your pocket though (rudolf)

demonized
12-13-04, 12:42 AM
I just got one today to replace my dying no feet mx700. After i plugged it in, first thing i notice is my mouse cursor keeps jumping. I went to logitech's support site and i can't believe there's so many people with the same problem. Logitechs fix for it is to upgrade the mouse software or use the PS/2 adapter, both didn't work. I'm still searching forums on how to fix this problem. I'm very dissapointed. :(

Dazz
12-13-04, 04:20 AM
My MX500 used to do that every so often very annoying. Even if i didn't touch it, it jumps.

crainger
12-13-04, 06:43 AM
Well I just got a MX1000 from EB (they had it at a strange low price) and its the best mouse I have ever used. However I am moving from a MX900 (not good for games) so I notice the improvements alot more than someone coming from a MX510. Pity the rest of my family are lefties, otherwise Christmas shopping would have been a whole lot easier.

gigapower
12-13-04, 07:55 AM
I recently upgraded from an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 to the MX1000, the difference is amazing, I had to turn my mouse sensitivity down in Windows. Batter life is excellent, going almost two weeks on one charge.

jolle
12-13-04, 07:55 AM
I just got one today to replace my dying no feet mx700. After i plugged it in, first thing i notice is my mouse cursor keeps jumping. I went to logitech's support site and i can't believe there's so many people with the same problem. Logitechs fix for it is to upgrade the mouse software or use the PS/2 adapter, both didn't work. I'm still searching forums on how to fix this problem. I'm very dissapointed. :(

Should have kept the MX700 and gotten it new feet, I asked Logitech support about new feet for my MX700 and they sent them to me totally free, no shipping or anything, which was nice.
Well, hopefully there is a fix for your problem, shouldnt be the surface anyhow like with older optical mice... tried different surfaces just incase?

I also replaced my batteries with new ones, recharge it about every 3-4 days now, higher spec ones then the ones included with the MX700, the original ones didnt stay charged very long now after about one (or 2?) years, cant remember when I got it.. hehe.