PDA

View Full Version : Creative Labs S750's, your thoughts?

extreme4377
12-12-04, 01:51 PM
Well, any one had any experience with this sytem? 8 channels would be nothing but sick. Whats the good, the bad, and the ugly? TIA

FastM
12-12-04, 01:56 PM
Well, any one had any experience with this sytem? 8 channels would be nothing but sick. Whats the good, the bad, and the ugly? TIA

I would get the 5.1 version myself, but apart from that iv'e heard they kick ass.

|JuiceZ|
12-12-04, 03:39 PM
Please search, we've had several threads regarding these speakers lately. Thanks.

circuitbreaker8
12-12-04, 03:47 PM
I'd get the Klipsch Promedia ULTRA 5.1

extreme4377
12-12-04, 04:02 PM
thanks! I will search right now.

I really want a 7.1 system because of my new Audigy 2 ZS. Ive been reading reviews and have only read about the positive aspects of the S750s as there are almost no negatives :)

PaiN
12-12-04, 04:39 PM
???...you don't trust my opinion :(

Dazz
12-12-04, 07:09 PM
They are pretty damn loud as you would expect with 750watts!!! I have just sold mine on for true digital speakers just thought to give them a go. the Logitech z5500.

extreme4377
12-12-04, 08:41 PM
ha, I trust you PaiN...I just wanted some other feedback.

Does the analog and digital make that big of a difference?

How did you have your S750s connected? My audigy 2 ZS only has 3 outputs and a digital port where-as the S750's have 4 wires??

Dazz
12-13-04, 04:17 AM
Don't know i have never used digital before i'll tell you when i get my z5500.
Nope the 750 haves 3 cables, green black and orange. However only the Audigy2 ZS can use them, my on board sound would only allow 5.1 through them. But you can up mix it :)

extreme4377
12-13-04, 05:39 PM
o ok. In reviews, I saw 4 cables and on the sub, it shows 4 connections. One for front speakers, one for sides, one for rears and one for sub/center. Strange. Thanks Dazz!!

EDIT: Looking at another review, I see that you plug 4 cables in and comes out as 3

LTech221
12-13-04, 08:05 PM
Don't know i have never used digital before i'll tell you when i get my z5500.
Nope the 750 haves 3 cables, green black and orange. However only the Audigy2 ZS can use them, my on board sound would only allow 5.1 through them. But you can up mix it :)

Hope you like them but there are no true digital speakers. The Digital they talk about with the Logitechs is just the fact they come with a hardware decoder for Dolby Digital/DTS and Pro Logic stuff. Other than that they are purely analog.

Also if you want to use teh S750's with a different soundcard other than a ZS just pick up an extra stereo mini cable so you can use the original 3 to 4 cable that comes with teh S750's to the 3 outputs of your soundcard then attach the 4th stereo mini cable to the 4th output and you get your 7.1 . However I would recommend the S700 over the S750. Nothing really takes advantage of the 7.1 DVD wise, gaming im sure DSound will direct all the sound through whatever speakers you have. Music I dunno if you like multichannel but I believe it should be heard in its true form of stereo 2ch mode.

Dazz
12-15-04, 02:38 AM
Yeah the orange connector is centre and side channels.

shoes
12-16-04, 04:42 PM
and i'm still rockin with the lowly z-640's. i'm thinking about getting the older z680's since they are about $200.00 now.

Dazz
12-16-04, 10:51 PM
Funny enough for me the Z5500 was cheaper then the Z680's lol.

Q
12-16-04, 11:27 PM
They are fabulous speakers. You might have to turn the sub down, but thats it. I turned it up one night at college, and someone two halls over and two floors up (in a concrete building) came over to complain. LOUD.

For games....great. Even if the games only support 5.1, you can always use the upmix on the speakers or within the creative control pannel under cmss. Same for movies, although the effect is less dramatic. I had the cheap asa 6.1 Intrigues or whatnot....they blew....esp with bass..... but for even 6.1 to 7.1 I noticed a difference in games.

A big investment, but I'm planning on keeping these for a very long time. I have heavy speaker stands, which you will need to fully enjoy these btw, that cost like 30 bucks a piece at Walmart....and I'm planning to get the Creative decoder somewhere down the road so I can keep it in the living room if I want. In my opinion, the best computer speakers on the market...

Do yourself a favor though and LISTEN to as many different sets as you can though. That will be the only way you'll have a clue to whether you'll enjoy a set of speakers or not.

FuSi0N
12-17-04, 02:56 PM
Games like COD and Thief 3 sound amazing on a 7.1 system. The sound just comes at you from the center, front, sides, and rear really makes for a better gaming experience over a 5.1 setup. or at least much more convincing. It's creepy when you hear something running up directly from behind you in Thief 3.

Dazz
12-18-04, 03:44 PM
To tell you the truth i am starting to perfer the Logiech z5500 over the S750's now. The mid sound quility is amazing. Problem being you have to use 2 channel setup but it gives you 5.1 in games but has to be set to 2 in order for it to work :(

Smokey
12-19-04, 05:18 AM
Just out of curiosity Dazz, are you still using your onboard sound? The reason I ask, is that if you are, I don't think that you can really pass judgement on the quality of either speakers, personnaly, I would never buy high end pc speakers, if I was using onboard sound as I dont see the point. If you want good sounding music, I would grab a Revo or if you are more of a gamer, grab and Audigy2 if price is a concern, if not, grab the ZS :)

|JuiceZ|
12-19-04, 01:14 PM
Just out of curiosity Dazz, are you still using your onboard sound? The reason I ask, is that if you are, I don't think that you can really pass judgement on the quality of either speakers, personnaly, I would never buy high end pc speakers, if I was using onboard sound as I dont see the point. If you want good sounding music, I would grab a Revo or if you are more of a gamer, grab and Audigy2 if price is a concern, if not, grab the ZS :)

Yea I mean everyone likes a "different" sound but IMO, even as a long time Logitech fan and having owned both the z680's & z5500's, the S700/S750's produce sq that hasn't as of yet been matched by any other computer speaker system on the market.

Dazz
12-19-04, 03:06 PM
Yeah i am using the o/b sound as my Audigy2 ZS doesn't give me S/Pdif or Optical. I also get no noise or hissing when the speakers are on and turned up either :)

Smokey
12-20-04, 01:00 PM
You may find that the DACs used on the Audigy2 ZS, are of higgher quality than those that are used in the decoder of the logitechs. Maybe play around with both yourself, but I dont see any reason to use digital out from your pc, unless you are hooking it up to a high quality decoder, end of the day though, it's what you like best that matters :)