PDA

View Full Version : Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2600 Golden Sample how it is?

Pages : [1] 2

area51xt
12-12-04, 02:36 PM
hi i 'll buy a

Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2600 Golden Sample (geforce 6800 ultra )

1) how it's this vga?
2) the fan is sufficient for this vga ?
3) what are the temp at idle and full?
4) with this vga my sistem(fx-51,sk8n,corsair) will be increase the temperature ?

thanks and sorry for english
(xmasmile)

Salamandar
12-12-04, 02:54 PM
hi i 'll buy a

1) how it's this vga?
4) with this vga my sistem(fx-51,sk8n,corsair) will be increase the temperature ?

(xmasmile)

Gainward are by far the best to make Nvidia cards IMHO.
if you have good cooling inside your case then you don't need to worry at all.

Rollo
12-12-04, 07:57 PM
hi i 'll buy a

1) how it's this vga?

(xmasmile)
The only 6800 Ultra that is better than this one is Gainward's CoolFX.
Gainward is top dog for nVidia, I have no idea why they aren't selling here anymore.

vläd
12-12-04, 09:44 PM
I am really starting to wonder about Gainward. Gainward DE has announced several PCI-E cards, including dual packs for SLI, and there's nothing on the USA site about these. As a matter of fact, it's rather hard to find almost any Gainward in the US right now. As of this post Newegg only lists the FX5700, PCX5750, and FX5700LE as new cards to buy.

As for the 2600/Ultra, the benches I ran were deff better than my BFG 6800 Ultra [OC]. Temps are a bit on the high side compared to the BFG though, 57 celsius idle and 70 celsius running rthdribl for 10 minutes in a Lian Li PC-1000 case. I would dare say that any 6800 ultra will increase your temps a bit.

$n][pErMan
12-12-04, 09:47 PM
Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2600 Golden Sample how it is?
Well I have the Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/2400 "Golden Sample" which is the 6800GT and I love the card. Good luck finding it now though... im glad I got it when I did as I have yet to find it again. And the ones I do find are at least $100 more than what I paid at the time. If you can get the GT or Ultra from gainward.... get it now while u still can! (xmasgrin) You will not regret it!!!.... plus ... u gotta love duel LED fans that are quiet ;)

Kahju
12-13-04, 01:08 AM
Well after using my Gainward 6800 ultra GS for many months now I'm pretty happy with it. It runs stable at 440/1200 temps idle 45C to load 70C. But you have to be prepared to get down and dirty with these cards. The quality control of Gainward has lots to improve. The emails never get replied and on the forum users are trying to help each other to battle the difficulties that Gainwards cards almost all seem to have. I had to replace the thermal paste under GPU and update the BIOS before I got the card running ok. I also replaced the gainward dualfans (that ARE loud) to dual 80x80 casefans to make the noise acceptable.

Bottom line is that if you want to have Gainward Ultra, be prepared to wait and get your modding tools ready to fix it yourself. Gainwards GT cards are more readily available but what i have heard almost same rules apply to them.

$n][pErMan
12-13-04, 01:11 AM
^ Odd. I never modded my card and it works great. My duel fan are not loud... or maybe my case does not let out sound as much as yours? I never had to flash my bios on the card or replace thermal paste. Idles at 49c ... 70c with max load. Running at 400 / 1100 no problem. Maybe you got one of thier first modles that came out? I heard the very first ones had the wrong bios on them or something.

Kahju
12-13-04, 03:54 AM
Yeah probably thats the case. My dualfan didn't even have the red leds :) Actually of all gainwards 6800 GS cards I've seen (1 ultra, 3 gt) none of them had the red leds...

Anyway it was bit pain in the ye olde buttocks, but now its running fine and dandy.

rohit
12-13-04, 04:42 AM
The thing is a MONSTER... it reaches 450/1200 without any probs. (its preset on the cards BIOs) there was a review on it by the inquirer. they claimed the card is a beast.
But the monster has to growl a bit to get that performance..i m talkin bout the FAN sound.. a lil HI.

Overall the Card is GREAT! if i had the money, id buy only this card.

vläd
12-13-04, 06:45 AM
Yeah probably thats the case. My dualfan didn't even have the red leds :) Actually of all gainwards 6800 GS cards I've seen (1 ultra, 3 gt) none of them had the red leds...

My ultra GS has the LEDs! (cheers)

area51xt
12-13-04, 07:52 AM
i see the redcooler of this vga with 2 fan

it's quiet or it's as loud as a screaming banshee ?

mustrum
12-13-04, 08:17 AM
i see the redcooler of this vga with 2 fan

it's quiet or it's as loud as a screaming banshee ?
You can choose between loud as a typical 6800 and HOT and insanely load and running cooler. It's a very bad cooling solution topped by gainward not tightenig the screws on some cards.
The NV5 silencer is the better choice for sure.

Lfctony
12-13-04, 08:21 AM
Gainward announced they were pulling out of the US market. That's probably the reason their US website is no longer updated and since stocks aren't replenished, cards are hard to find.

$n][pErMan
12-13-04, 01:05 PM
^ that sucks. I love my gainward. SO happy I spent the $420 + when I did :D

area51xt
12-13-04, 01:45 PM
[pErMan']^ that sucks. I love my gainward. SO happy I spent the $420 + when I did :D

the fan it's noisy or quiet ?

$n][pErMan
12-13-04, 02:58 PM
the fan it's noisy or quiet ?
Honestly ... the fans on it are quiet. Even when they are on 100% durring a high powered game... I really can't hear them to much. As I said... maybe the plastic I put on my case to see into it when I modded it blocks more sound than just a metal side. Because when I take the door off the fans are a little louder at 100%.... but with the door on... not bad at all. Its probably one of the more quiet fan assemblies for the 6800 thats out there in my opinion. You would be pleased.

$n][pErMan
12-13-04, 02:59 PM
*edit* double post

TacT
12-13-04, 03:29 PM
I have the GT model with dual fan cooler and red led's. Considering replacing with NV5 silencer because at 100% the noise is ridiculously "screaming banshee" loud. I run it at 50% fan speed for 2d and 3d clocked at 400/1100 and at that level it's acceptable, dare I say up to 80% is acceptable but afterwards - forget it, clear ground for lift off..

$n][pErMan
12-13-04, 04:57 PM
^ thats so odd. Why does everyone say its so noisey.... do you leave your cases open or something?

Kahju
12-14-04, 04:49 AM
Don't know if you got some specially quiet specimen, but I must agree with TacT. It was way too loud for me. Running at 50% speed was acceptable, that much i agree. Also because there is two fans instead of one, at least I could hear resonance noises (or should i say harmonics) because the two fans aren't running at identical speeds. Quite horrid and irritating, specially because I have to sleep in the same room with PC on 24/7.

area51xt
12-14-04, 05:50 AM
the noise is ridiculously "screaming banshee" loud.

[pErMan']Honestly ... the fans on it are quiet..

:confused:

i'm confused :(

TacT
12-14-04, 09:46 AM
unless you have some super sound dampening measures implemented into your system build then the card is loud. It's loud and there's no two ways about it, ask anyone else who has the card or read around different forums, the general consensus is that anything over 80% fan speed = really noisy! Anything under 60% - acceptable, it starts whining at anything over that speed and gets unbearable at 75/80% +.

I'm confused too tbh, are you running vantec tornado's or delta screamers in your case that mean you can't hear this card ROAR? (rudolf)

$n][pErMan
12-14-04, 03:20 PM
My case is extremely quite... just a stock CPU fan ... 4 case fans (which are not loud at all) and the 2 video card fans (which with the case shut are not loud). Maybe I did get the token quiet fans because even at 100% I dont find them annoying or terribly loud. Also make sure your fan is bolted on tight.... my friend had the same problemn and tightned his fan assembly and it was not nearly as loud. I dunno. Im confused that people think its loud. (xmastong)

Jak Crow
01-04-05, 03:44 PM
Gainward's dual fan solution is NOT quiet. It's quite annoying, even at low speeds. Looks nice, but I'm replacing the setup with a NV Silencer

$n][pErMan
01-04-05, 06:05 PM
Why is mine so quiet then?!?! Even at 100% its not that bad and does not bother me with the case closed (if open .. ya .. its loud as ****). I think it works great so I dunno why you all find it so loud! :p