PDA

View Full Version : New Patch?

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
12-12-04, 11:21 PM
I just went to fire up HL2 and it's now at 26% of "Validating Half-Life 2 file (1 of 1)"...It's never done this EXCEPT when there is a new patch, so I'm assuming that is the case...

superklye
12-12-04, 11:50 PM
Whatever it was, HL2 runs like ****ing **** now. There is the most obnoxious and worst stuttering I have ever seen in the boat levels. This is completely ridiculous.

PSYCHODAD
12-13-04, 12:18 AM
Umm...Mine hasn't updated and seems same as before.

Vagrant Zero
12-13-04, 01:00 AM
Whatever it was, HL2 runs like ****ing **** now. There is the most obnoxious and worst stuttering I have ever seen in the boat levels. This is completely ridiculous.

I find this highly amusing considering before hand you'd pretty much led a one man crusade against people reporting the Source engine for the P.O.S. it is.

Ah well, consider yourself lucky. You're still at the tip of the iceburg where Source bugs are concerned.

superklye
12-13-04, 01:33 AM
I find this highly amusing considering before hand you'd pretty much led a one man crusade against people reporting the Source engine for the P.O.S. it is.

Ah well, consider yourself lucky. You're still at the tip of the iceburg where Source bugs are concerned.
Is there a reason you have to be the biggest dick ever when replying to my posts? I get it: you don't like me. I've already figured this out and cried myself to sleep over it for the last few weeks and I'm ready to move on. It'd be great if you did, too.

And what crusade one-man crusade? Are you that blind with your pathetic "hatred"--or whatever you want to call it to make yourself feel big and important--for me that you've failed to see I am far from the only person that thinks the Source engine is great. I've said numerous times I don't think it's this bastard, red-headed stepchild of an engine that a lot of others do and many agree with me. Excuse me for having an opinion different than yours, Vagina Zero. :rolleyes:

DJMONDY
12-13-04, 02:34 AM
superklye: Im with you on this one. I think the source engine is fantastic.

Infact i think its the best engine to date and i dont care who curses me for it!!

I hope your able to sort out the stuttering problems your having as it is annoying.
Ive been lucky with HL-2 so far as the only problem ive had is sound stuttering but its not as bad as most people seem to be having and the last update i had made the stuttering less frequent.

If i find something that might help you i'll post it here (xmasmile)

Vagrant Zero
12-13-04, 02:51 AM
Is there a reason you have to be the biggest dick ever when replying to my posts? I get it: you don't like me. I've already figured this out and cried myself to sleep over it for the last few weeks and I'm ready to move on. It'd be great if you did, too.

Superklit, [look mom, I can be witty too http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif], you consistantly post garbage and berate others that disagree with you, or make inane comments at people who post Source related issues [you seemed to have taken great pride at telling all these people that Source ran handy dandy for you and that the problems must have been on our end and hell rewt called you and others sharing your disposition on it]. And to top it off when Source finally craps out on you you come here expecting to find a shoulder to cry on. You know the Germans have a word that describes this entire situation rather well. Schadenfreude. God bless the Germans.

I've said numerous times I don't think it's this bastard, red-headed stepchild of an engine that a lot of others do and many agree with me. Excuse me for having an opinion different than yours, Vagina Zero.

And you're entitled to that opinion. It is after all your God given right to be wrong.

I trust we will have no further dealings, a symbolic 'I wash my hands of you' sort of thing I suppose?

nVidi0t
12-13-04, 03:40 AM
Vagrant, note that Klye is only complaining about the effect of the PATCH or update STEAM has made. He did not start this thread to bash the SOURCE engine.

Which thread were you reading?

zoomy942
12-13-04, 06:03 AM
And you're entitled to that opinion. It is after all your God given right to be wrong.

I trust we will have no further dealings, a symbolic 'I wash my hands of you' sort of thing I suppose?

you speak very intelligently, but one thing you said was odd.. you told him he was still wrong. remember, everyone's thoughts here of HL2 are just their opinion. noone is wrong or right.

MUYA
12-13-04, 06:49 AM
Guys calm it down, no need to get hairy and start using profane language. Please be warned thar if you continue to fight/bicker and/or use profane language, you maybe well be banned.
Thanks

saturnotaku
12-13-04, 07:15 AM
Guys calm it down, no need to get hairy and start using profane language. Please be warned thar if you continue to fight/bicker and/or use profane language, you maybe well be banned.
Thanks

No maybes about it, you will be gone, plain and simple.

superklye
12-13-04, 07:26 AM
So back on topic...no one else had to update last night? It kept going from like 70+% back down to the low 40s...it took about 10 minutes total to upgrade. Maybe it wasn't a patch, I don't know, all I DO know is that I went from having NO stuttering to not being able to play because the game was chopping all over with 1frame/10 seconds.

Beng
12-13-04, 08:46 AM
So back on topic...no one else had to update last night?

Nope, the last update i've had was the one with the no-cd patch, a couple of days ago.

Ninjaman09
12-13-04, 09:11 AM
Nor did I, I never saw an update. Runs the same for me.

superklye
12-13-04, 09:17 AM
I wonder what was going on last night then? I haven't installed any mods or anything, nor have I messed with any files. How very odd...

Rakeesh
12-13-04, 09:17 AM
I hope they put out a real patch soon, this game has 3 major bugs which prevent me from playing it.

einstein_314
12-13-04, 02:23 PM
Nor did I, I never saw an update. Runs the same for me.

What he said. Only update I've had recently was the no cd/dvd patch.

EciDemon
12-13-04, 03:05 PM
Superklye>>

Ive heard of this when the game authenticates more then once,

Perhaps a file was corrupted during play?, or a crash reboot and scandisk did its magic ... or didnt...

Ive had no updates since the no dvd update.

You sure you haven't changed anything else in your puter as of late ?, drivers, or maybe antivirus updates. You know what I mean.
You seem to have a decent puter, not the fastest but not the slowest either.
My puter is a tad slower, xp 2400+ 1gb ram and Pov 6800(nu 385/930 fully softmodded) and Ive always had loading stuttering and fps dropps. It really should not be that bad. Doom3, Riddick and all other new games I have run really well for me, it's just HL2 that is a bit messed up. I still finished the game though and had a blast doing so :)

a little off topic, why so edgy ? ... no need for namecalling. No point in sinking low as other guys ;)

superklye
12-13-04, 03:12 PM
Superklye>>

Ive heard of this when the game authenticates more then once,

Perhaps a file was corrupted during play?, or a crash reboot and scandisk did its magic ... or didnt...

Ive had no updates since the no dvd update.

You sure you haven't changed anything else in your puter as of late ?, drivers, or maybe antivirus updates. You know what I mean.
You seem to have a decent puter, not the fastest but not the slowest either.
My puter is a tad slower, xp 2400+ 1gb ram and Pov 6800(nu 385/930 fully softmodded) and Ive always had loading stuttering and fps dropps. It really should not be that bad. Doom3, Riddick and all other new games I have run really well for me, it's just HL2 that is a bit messed up. I still finished the game though and had a blast doing so :)
Now that I think about it, I was playing it, the game froze up (I forgot to turn off the Gmail notifier before playing) and had to hard reset my computer. Then, when I went to play again, it did the authentication again.

a little off topic, why so edgy ? ... no need for namecalling. No point in sinking low as other guys ;)
I dunno if I should answer this, I don't want to get banned.
EDIT: I would lay partial blame on the stress of finals (and needing a 130% on my philosophy final to get a C in the class) and lack of money around the holiday season with bills and presents due. Otherwise, I just don't take crap from people.

Ninjaman09
12-13-04, 03:17 PM
superkyle's been taking a lot of flak from some of the more..."special" posters around here and it is hard to take the high road sometimes. Not everyone has the same tolerance for crap like that. I think we're about on the same level, superkyle :)

EciDemon
12-13-04, 03:20 PM
I dunno if I should answer this, I don't want to get banned.
EDIT: I would lay partial blame on the stress of finals (and needing a 130% on my philosophy final to get a C in the class) and lack of money around the holiday season with bills and presents due. Otherwise, I just don't take crap from people.

Hehe, i don't blame you. Work work work and to top it of ... x-maz
And you'r right, you should take no crap from ppl. Just brush it of ;) no biggie :)

(xmassign2

fastguy94416
12-13-04, 03:22 PM
I rather enjoy inserting female sexual organs into another persons name with the intent to insult them.

superklye
12-13-04, 03:23 PM
Hehe, i don't blame you. Work work work and to top it of ... x-maz
And you'r right, you should take no crap from ppl. Just brush it of ;) no biggie :)

(xmassign2
I agree, and as my early New Year's resolution, I resolve to do just that: not let my temper get out of control and piss of posters and moderators here.

EciDemon
12-13-04, 03:30 PM
I rather enjoy inserting female sexual organs into another persons name with the intent to insult them.

Of coarse you are, thinking girls are evil and all (snowlol)

CaptNKILL
12-13-04, 04:05 PM
I rather enjoy inserting female sexual organs into another persons...
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :scarey: