PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 error on init

jnd3
12-13-04, 01:42 PM
I'm leaning toward thinking that this has something to do with the 1.1 patch ... I hadn't tried Doom3 in a while, but figured I'd pop it in to check out the new LCD goodness (it lookd incredible). I noticed an error on the console when starting, though, to the point where it didn't even load the menu (it hangs at the console).

...Common Initialization Complete...
Unknown command 'not'
] DOOM 1.0.1282

I can hit ESC and get out to the menu, but it certainly seems odd. I've also gone from 38FPS to 28FPS without any other changes. Should I try a reinstall?

Kev1
12-14-04, 01:30 AM
Reinstalling would not hurt. I dosen't take too long to remove and reinstall the game. Might want to move saved games to temp folder somewhere tho.

I patched my game and didn't have any problems. Hopefully a simple re-install will solve yours. Post back how things go if you can (snowcool)

jnd3
12-14-04, 09:40 AM
Reinstall seemed to fix it. Patch applied without a problem, everything came up with no errors. Version is still 1.0.1282, does that seem right? Oh, and I'm back up to 36 FPS with it as well ... looks sweet on the new LCD! Thanks!

AngelGraves13
12-14-04, 06:40 PM
you could have tried deleting the Doomconfig.cfg. Always fixes all the problems.