PDA

View Full Version : VALVe = poo (rant/problem)

Mr. Hunt
12-13-04, 04:51 PM
Well... I was playing Counter Strike Source last night... no problem. Today... I get off work, go to join my favorite server... whats this? After 1 second of being joined... some error pops up (can't see what it says though because as soon as I manage to get back to desktop it isn't shown anymore). I haven't found any solution to any of this... I have tried to join various servers, even created my own... same problem. This is ridiculous.

|MaguS|
12-13-04, 04:53 PM
First question that came to mind... Do you legally own the game?

Jovi
12-13-04, 05:06 PM
Sceenshot would help us out.

Mr. Hunt
12-13-04, 05:28 PM
Yes... I own the game.

And... screenshot of what? All that happens is my game freezes and I get the windows BEEP noise... after hitting enter a few times it goes back to desktop and no error is present... one time I saw the error but it went off the screen before I could even see what it said. When the crash happens CTRL ALT DEL does nothing... only way to get back to the desktop is to press enter...

XP_GUN
12-13-04, 05:35 PM
maby you should try reinstalling steam (cheers)

WeReWoLf
12-13-04, 06:18 PM
Reinstall Steam + HL2, just to make sure.

einstein_314
12-13-04, 08:14 PM
hmm, maybe try downloading a screen capture program that takes screens of the current window. Then when the message pops up (although it's hidden it would be the current window) take a screenshot. Don't know if that will work, but it might...

WeReWoLf
12-13-04, 08:23 PM
try recording a video of it with fraps, then play back the video and have a look.

einstein_314
12-13-04, 10:04 PM
Ah here's an idea to see the message. Right when you join, alt-tab out off the game. I had the same problem once and I was able to alt-tab out before the error occured and saw it when it pops up.